
I was in the mood for a mellow afternoon, so I made some straw beads and let the girls go crazy. It seemed to work well, so I'll be bringing a bucket of them to the Sunday soccer game, so the girls and their friends can bead away...

Later, we went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. I practiced taking more pictures with the macro lens... it's too bad there weren't more insects outside! Can you tell I'm trying to be artsy?

Mika assembled the one kit that was flyable (long story - we must have had 10+ kites, but the girls got them all tangled up and Daddy Dude threw most of them away. I salvaged what I could, but most of them were missing the crossbar... looks like I have to go buy a couple more...) and enjoyed running back and forth... back and forth... back and forth...

Then our neighbor brought her new puppy (Jilly) over to play with the girls and say hello to Daisy. The two animals actually met a week or so ago. Daisy shows no fear of the dog (which seems odd to me - she ducks for cover whenever she hears a bird call) and Jilly wanted to play with her. But... I think we'll keep Daisy in the laundry basket for now... =)

And then, of course, there was the cheerleading show on the sidewalk...
What a cool idea with the straws. How crafty. We are going to have to try that maybe today.
ReplyDelete