Tuesday, March 3, 2020

GIU Week - Day 2

Welcome back to Day 2 of my GIU week!


I have a confession - I'm terrified of coloring because I'm not very good at it. I can't shade or blend well, so if you're one of those people posting their colored creations all the time on Unity's {Show & Tell} FB Page, I am in awe of your coloring! I was going stamp on colored/patterned paper for this card, until I realized I would have a problem with the windows, so I made my basic coloring skills work for this card.


To create these cards, I used four different Unity stamp sets : Wheely Fun and Tumbleweed Houses, as well as two from the Clever Handmade & Unity line, but these appear to have been discontinued...




As you may have guessed, I stamped and colored a lot of small images, before finally adhering them onto a card base. I figured I might as well make two cards at the same time. Having these two sets of vehicles was very useful, because each set faces a different direction, so I could build a two-lane highway on my card (I simply painted a white line with a white Sakura gel pen).




And here are the finished cards!



  


These are the same cards, with different sentiments. You could create all sorts of fun scenes with these stamps, as long as you have the time.


Thank you for visiting and don't forget to leave a comment so you can be considered for the randomly chosen Unity prize pack at the conclusion of my week! Have a wonderful day!

35 comments:

  1. Awesome. And so much detail. Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, MY!!! you did a terrific job of coloring and fussy cutting.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I always forget I can make duplicate cards and change the sentiment, this is a great example of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very cute cards! Love your idea of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! I am only sorry these sets are discontinued as they look fun! Your coloring looks fine!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable little scenes! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fun and fabulous designs with the sentiments being perfect. I'm with you on the coloring and am always in awe of those that color so beautifully. You made these work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! All those little houses and cars are incredible! You are a very patient woman! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this madly!!! Lots of inspiration from you on this post! Thanks so much!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! I love them, and your coloring is just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute. Love all the details and I'm in awe of people that can create scenes. Just wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I am blown away. I have this set, and I love it but I have been reluctant to use it. Thank you for sharing your creative process because that really opens me up to a lot of new possibilities with this beautiful set! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are darling. There is lot of work that went into them. Thank for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome and different, great kob

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute cards! I think your coloring works just great for these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You put this scene together perfectly. The way they are all popped up just adds to the cuteness. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these fun scenes! The houses and vehicles are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute cards! So much work coloring all the houses and cards.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards and the coloring is perfect in them. I have been making at least duplicates for my cards since I figure all that stuff is out anyway, it might as well be productive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have the patience of a saint!! These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your scenes are adorable and your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are so much fun. I think your coloring is great! I can feel the hustle and bustle of the traffic and hear the horns honking. I can picture a frog waiting to cross as I loved the Frogger game as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are adorable! Wow a lot of coloring for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, the more details, the more fun the scene. Just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can not even imagine how much time this took. It really is just so cute. Thanks for sharing.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  26. So very cute. Love doing more than one at a time. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Seriously amazing!!! So many details!

    ReplyDelete
  28. you're my kind of people! Love all the little details in this and your use of vintage kits! Everyone is regretting them not being available now after seeing this! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. All that coloring and cutting is waaaaay too much work, lol. You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. How fun are those ... I don't think I've ever seen these stamps ... you combined them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete