Monday, March 2, 2020

GIU Week - Day 1

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my week as GIU Gal! Please visit my blog each day to view my creation(s) and leave a comment. At the end of my week, I will randomly select two winners to receive a prize pack from Unity. How cool is that???


I first saw Unity stamps on the (now defunct) CropChocolate website and fell in love with tbeir style and versatility. You know things go, though - it's so easy to build your Unity stamp collection faster than you can create! So, I thought if would be fun to use my GIU week showcasing some of the older stamps, as a chance for me to finally take those long-imagined projects off the backburner.


Scrapbooking is my favorite crafting activity, which complements my love of photography. Since I'm often cramped for time, I'm also a big fan of sketches. So when I found this sketch (unfortunately, I can't give credit, because it didn't come with a source on Pinterest), I knew it was perfect for my Unity stamps.




My youngest daughter (age 14) plays soccer competitively. Though she is smaller-than-average, she plays with the spirit of a six-foot tall Amazonian warrior! I purchased the No Regrets stamp kit several years ago, knowing that one of those sentiments was her personal anthem. Obviously, the background anchor was those View Master circles (oh, such fond childhood memories!), which you can find in My Point of View {Smask 8/12} or you can purchase it separately (My View of YOU).

Since her high school colors are black, Vegas gold, and white (they are the Blackhawks), I built the layout around these colors. My style is clean and simple, so it was just a question of layering things to highlight certain elements. Other stamp sets I utilized were: I am Woman (December 2013 Unity Sentiment Kit), Badass Every Day, Enjoy. Explore. Believe., Tribal Trend, and Super Star. I also used three other itty-bitty sets, but they don't appear to be available at Unity any longer.



I can't take credit for the photo, either - some kind soul took a lot of pictures and shared them with the team. lucky me!!! I'll see you tomorrow with another creation - thanks for stopping by!

44 comments:

  1. Congrats on being this week's GIU gal! Such a great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, love the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just added 'My View of YOU' to my wish list at Unity.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing you use the stamps on a scrapbook page. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I adore scrapping too! Love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to see stamps used on layouts. Looking forward to seeing the next projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout! I love finding ways to use my stamps in my scrapbooking, and I use sketches to save time as well. (I just added "My View of You" to my wish list, too!) Looking forward to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to GIU week! What an amazing page! You used some wonderful stamps I haven’t seen before. What treasures. A few I’ll have to add to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome, and have fun😊that is an awesome layout, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this layout even though I don't do much scrapbooking. Using all of those stamps is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you via Facebook Miwa! Love your wonderful layout! Looking forward to what else you will share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful page, and a great post, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page! Love the way you incorporated the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is just fabulous and I love that you're using old school Unity stamps this week! Loved reading your March 1 post about your sweet family too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout! Congratulations on being GUI gal and have fun crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this layout! Congrats on being the GUI gal this week. Have fun getting scrappy & blogging this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not only is the layout spectacular, so is that photo! Really awesome! I love that neither foot is on the ground! My hubby took a photo of a Miami Dolphin player (a sweepstakes win he'll never forget!) where both of his feet were in the air - and his photo won the 2nd half of that sweepstakes! It's just so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the layout, makes me want to finish my son's football SB I've been putting off.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic layout! Welcome-looking forward to the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice layout. Sounds like you have a wonderful, but busy life with 2 teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful way to showcase just how versatile Unity stamps can be! Beautiful page! May your beautiful girls never stop chasing their dreams. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! Great LO and use of Unity stamps❤️

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a gorgeous layout! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your scrapbook page. Great action photo and I love the way you designed it. The stamp is really awesome, I have never seen that one. I am excited to see your projects and older images. I am sure I will see ones I need to add to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic page. I love, love, love it. I still miss Crop Chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just love this page! You did a fantastic job with that sketch! And this picture is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just an amazing layout. And those view master reels are great. I like your clean and simple approach. Love the stamps you chose. It highlights your daughters picture perfectly. And I started as a scrapbooker and love to see stamps on layouts and wish more people showcased them. So, thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great scrapbook layout. I love all of the layers and the sentiments you chose are so powerful. Looking forward to your week in Unity.

    ReplyDelete
  28. wonderful layout!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great layout of that page! Your layers work so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great page! When I was a little girl, I sold my large collection of silver dimes to buy a viewmaster set, which included the screen projector for on the wall. It seems a little bit crazy now to think of that, and I am a little bit sad over it, but still, I loved my viewmaster, and it was one of my favorite toys. I played with it for hours and hours and hours. Great memorie for a scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great scrapbook page. I love to use these layouts on cards. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this layout and even more that spectacular photo action shot. This is a page that is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing photography and scrapping skills going on here!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this use of My View of You, which I just added to my wishlist. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great layout. I use to enjoy making layouts but not many photos of the grands now!

    Linda Sbel

    ReplyDelete
  36. fantastic! I love seeing scrapbook layouts especially ones that showcase using stamps!! that shot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I'm so happy to see you scrapping again! Love how you used all the quotes.

    ReplyDelete