Hello! Originally, I had planned to feature cards using Perfect Pearls today, but people seemed to enjoy Monday's scrapbooking page, so I decided to square things up and make a page for my older daughter, aka "Softball Girl" (vs "Soccer Girl"). Mika plays on a very competitive travel ball team, so she basically lives and breathes softball. It was a huge blow to her when she became injured this past October. Thanks to a sharp-eyed orthopedist, we learned that Mika had torn the Lisfranc ligament in her foot, needed surgery ASAP, and would be out of commission for 12 weeks. This was devastating news, but she worked hard during those 3 months to hit the ground running (literally).
Her trainer, Terrance, carefully strengthened her core and arms since she couldn't do much with her left leg/foot). We also found a device on Amazon that allowed her to be hands-free and non-weight-bearing on one leg (so she could work on her hitting off a tee). What an ingenious invention!
She missed the rest of the fall tournament season but was medically cleared four days before her future college's camp. She kicked butt at her first tournament back (which was also the last one before HS softball began) and says she is about 93% back. Two weeks ago, Mika hit her first over-the-wall home run during HS softball. So, this layout celebrated her grit and perseverance.
Here is the sketch I based the layout on (you can find it here):
I used several Unity stamp kits to complete this layout. The alphabet letters and tag came from Frame This Alpha, the main sentiment is Strong is Your Only Choice (and yes, that manila tag is a gift from Unity), plus several other sentiments (You Can Do it, Bitty Regards, and Struggle is Part of It), the arrows on the x-ray are from Keeping Up with the Tribal Trend. There were two kits, however, that appear to have been discontinued: SHEart Doodles and Splatters & Stars.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I had planned to showcase Perfect Pearls, but I liked this layout better. However, I did want to show my favorite card from that batch...
Her trainer, Terrance, carefully strengthened her core and arms since she couldn't do much with her left leg/foot). We also found a device on Amazon that allowed her to be hands-free and non-weight-bearing on one leg (so she could work on her hitting off a tee). What an ingenious invention!
She missed the rest of the fall tournament season but was medically cleared four days before her future college's camp. She kicked butt at her first tournament back (which was also the last one before HS softball began) and says she is about 93% back. Two weeks ago, Mika hit her first over-the-wall home run during HS softball. So, this layout celebrated her grit and perseverance.
Here is the sketch I based the layout on (you can find it here):
I used several Unity stamp kits to complete this layout. The alphabet letters and tag came from Frame This Alpha, the main sentiment is Strong is Your Only Choice (and yes, that manila tag is a gift from Unity), plus several other sentiments (You Can Do it, Bitty Regards, and Struggle is Part of It), the arrows on the x-ray are from Keeping Up with the Tribal Trend. There were two kits, however, that appear to have been discontinued: SHEart Doodles and Splatters & Stars.
Well, as I mentioned earlier, I had planned to showcase Perfect Pearls, but I liked this layout better. However, I did want to show my favorite card from that batch...

The image is also from Insightful Meadows while the sentiment is from Donna Downey's Imagine It kit. I used Perfect Pearls in Perfect Pearl.
Thank you for visiting today - see you tomorrow for my last day! Don't forget to leave a comment for your chance to win a prize pack from Unity!




Very nice layout with your daughter. Also like your card. thanks for sharing
ReplyDeletestamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/
I love your scrapbook page! The sentiment is already on my wishlist! It is great to see it stamped out in a project. Your girls are beautiful and fun to hear about their lives and great athleticism. Here’s to good health!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great scrapbook layout!
ReplyDeleteYour layout are awesome, I don’t scrapbook, but I do use some of those sketches to make fronts for cards.
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect LO to remember Mika's road to recovery! You must be really proud of how much she has achieved!
ReplyDeleteThese layouts are so inspiring and such a great use of stamps. The card show a great use for the perfect pearls too.
ReplyDeleteAs a personal trainer this one makes me happy! I LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteGreat layout for your scrapbook page. The card is simple , but beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGreat page dedicated to a very crucial time in your daughter's life. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your scrapbook layout and the story behind it. Glad your daughter’s injury is healing up well. Your card is lovely too! I will have to try that... I don’t have a lot of experience using perfect pearls.😊
ReplyDeleteLove the layout, card is great, too. Very nice post, thanks, Miwa.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous and inspiring story! And a beautiful layout to document it. Also love your card - very elegant!
ReplyDeleteAn amazing story! Thanks for sharing this page. Also love the perfect pearls card.
ReplyDeleteNice page! It sounds like Mika's recovery is going well. Love the flowers from Insightful Meadows on your card!
ReplyDeleteYour scrapbook page is amazing! I love your card, too. CAS cards are the best!
ReplyDeleteGreat layout! Love seeing all the stamps on a layout. Very creative. And a great way to document her road to recovery. So awesome! And love that card too! Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful layout! Such a fantastic memory for you and your daughters.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic lay-out. So much to be proud of with your girls!
ReplyDeleteWonderful projects!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic story and layout Miwa. Your pages are so stubnning!
ReplyDeleteI don’t scrapbook but love this layout and what you did with it. Thank you for sharing your talents.
ReplyDeleteLove that scrapbook page. I need some lessons from you. I have so many books started and none finished.
ReplyDeleteThe layout is wonderful and the card is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLinda Abel
Your layout and card are awesome!
ReplyDeleteIt’s so amazing that you can express what is going on in your life in scrapbooking. What a creative way to document your experiences. Thanks for the great ideas.
ReplyDeleteWow! Your girl has so much drive and determination! She should be so proud! Fantastic LO, I really like the style you have for these sport pages. Your girls will love looking back when they are older.
ReplyDeletePerfect Pearls are old school girl! I've been using mine a lot lately too.
Another great layout! Seriously, you need to be on Unity's design team. You use their stamps on scrapbook pages better than anyone.
ReplyDelete