Friday, March 6, 2020

GIU Week - Day 5

I can't believe my week is finally over, but I've enjoyed sharing my creations with you! I've saved one of my favorite projects for today...


My husband (a true Renaissance man!) has always dreamed about having his own workshop in the garage. At the beginning of the year, he made it happen. Lo and behold, I get to reap the benefits, too! Not only do I get access to his leftover materials, but he says he'd be happy to make me whatever I want! So, one day, I'm going to ask him to make me a custom built swiveling card holder, once I build up my stash of homemade cards again.


So, since he had some extra wood laying around, I decided to make a couple of home decor pieces. For my first project, I used the image (Keep the Change kit by AngMag) and a quart-sized mason jar. I stained the wood (5.5" x 16") with a couple of coats to give it a vintage feel. Once the wood was stained and dried, I heat embossed the image, attached the hose clamp to the mason jar, and hubby screwed the clamp to the board. Voila! A very stylish way to collect loose change! It's now hanging on our laundry room wall.




Since I had another piece of leftover wood (5.5" x 24"), I stained that as well and made another wall décor project. It's reversible, if you will, because I stamped (L.O.V.E. kit by AngMag) one side with paint (left) and heat embossed the other (right). So, depending on my mood, I can choose to display one side or the other. Personally, I prefer the heat-embossed look.


Well, now that my week is over, I will bid you all farewell. I've enjoyed your visits and comments - many thanks for visiting my blog and don't forget to leave a comment for the random drawing to take place soon. Happy crafting!

24 comments:

  1. Wonderful projects. Thank you for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects... I love the "Keep the Change" one! It's been a great week. Thank you for your inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever way to encourage saving and such a cute gift to give someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved following you this week! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative. Great ideas. Love the loose change idea in the laundry room. Thanks for the inspiration all week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your home decor projects! The keep the change especially appeals to my need to keep things tidy. Thanks for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic. Such great uses of our stamps that we have. It has been a great week of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome week! Great change jar! Wonderful ideas shared all week. I really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been so long since I made a home decor piece! I used to do that more than paper crafting years ago. These are both fabulous ideas. I love the mason jar project - how perfect for collecting all the loose change! I enjoyed your inspiration week very much! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all your inspiration this week

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very clever! Another way to use your stamps! I’ve used them on canvas, clay you bake and on glass (works wonderful to heat emboss and alcohol markers!). Now something new to try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to take stamping outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the laundry change keeper! Very creative! Thanks for an inspiring week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you use Unity Stamps in so many creative and different ways. Thanks for a great week of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What the He..... I have never seen those kits!!
    Fantastic week! Truly a beautiful array of ideas and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my favorite weeks! CONGRATS! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun projects today! Love that change jar!
    It's been a great week, Miwa! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun projects! I love the change jar... 😊 Fantastic GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the keep the change project, and the Love sign is great, too. Wonderful reminder about looking for other ways to put our lovely Unity images to work!!! Thanks for the great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome projects! We have a ball jar for coins on the dresser but I may need to borrow your crafty idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great week of creativity! Thanks for inspiring us. Also thanks for linking up all the stamp sets so we could put them on our wishlists.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your keep the change idea!!! It is awesome! Your week was awesome and full of inspiration-thank you!

    ReplyDelete