Tuesday, November 3, 2015

FWF #45 - Finally Feeling Like Fall is Here

It finally feels like fall out here in southern California - we finally got rain and temperatures actually dipped below 50. Woohoo! Bo agreed to pose while I took a shot of our neighborhood street - love the poofy clouds, you can almost feel the cool crisp air!

I'm finally feeling more relaxed, having survived last week - Bo tangling with an opposum (and getting covered by fleas as a result) AND having some crook steal our credit card (topped off by our bank NOT catching the fraudalent activity and allowing a $1500 charge to happen...and lying to us about Fedex'ing our replacement card...and sending it snail mail instead).

But all is well that ends well - Bo (and the oppossum) is fine and our new cards arrived yesterday. I was so bummed to have missed Unity's last sale, but hope everybody else was able to score some great goodies!

One of Mika's favorite middle school friends is having a birthday party later this week, so I was really happy we could buy stuff at Amazon again - her friend is into making friendship bracelets, so it was fun to shop for gifts. :) Today, I made a card for her, using this lovely sketch from Viva La Verve.


I used stamps from three Sentiment Kits - Everything Comes Full Turn (September 2015), and Butterflies & Sunbeams (August 2015) and Everything Wonderful (June 213). I added one more butterfly than the sketch, but only because I *love* insects and didn't think it was possible to have too any butterflies on a card! LOL!

And as for my recipe of the week...I developed a strong craving to make Baked Jalapeno Poppers after talking to another parent on Marika's soccer team about them. Mmmmmm...these were pretty good, but I had a hard time getting the breading to stick - so next time, I would probably skip that step. Also, I totally forgot to make the dip. BUT, they were pretty tasty without it - and the jalapenos weren't spicy at all, after the insides had been stripped away. 

 Thanks for visiting! Hope everyone is enjoying their fall weather!


22 comments:

  1. Wow what a horrible week you had! Hope that bad luck lasts a long time and you'll see nothing but Blessings and sunshine ahead! Great sketch by Verve, and go for the butterlies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your week :( I hope next week will be better.
    Great card for the challenge and hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've used this stamp, I have it and don't know what to do with it. This is so pretty! So sorry about this stroke of yuck! Hang in there! Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely check it out, drooling just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card especially those butterflies! I hope that you have a better week ~ and I want to make those poppers! ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had a bum week, but glad everything worked out. I always try to tell myself that things could be a lot worse & just do the best I can when things are going wrong. Anyway, your card is beautiful & I agree that you can never have too many butterflies on a card. Love the paper combo, too. That's a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Sorry about your bad week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous,lovely design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. Hopefully you have a better week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. May you weeks be filled with blessings instead of stresses. We had a card number taken and when the person tried to use it it was denied....lack of funds...HaHaHa.... too many stamps were bought....LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely Gorgeous!! Great take on the sketch!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm here from the unity blog hop Great job

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is still warm in PA, and everything is just so confused. I do so love the butterflies on the edge of this fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card. I love that photograph with Bo. He sure has grown.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice birthday card. Wishing you the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty and you did a fabulous job with the card sketch! The gray with pink color combo is really a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so pretty I like the sketch you used to, but the butterflies are divine Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The layers and stamping are gorgeous and you did a great interpretation of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so love jalapeƱo poppers! Your card is wonderful. I love that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty. Great take on the sketch. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful! Love those fabulous butterflies! Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete