We have a soccer tournament this weekend (Mika is heading out to Vegas with her dad for a softball tourney out there). It has, however, been a very peaceful Thanksgiving and for that, I am very grateful. :)
Marika's teammate had a birthday party last Sunday so I looked for a sketch that could feature a giant soccer ball...
My card was very CAS, so I am not going to link it up with Sunday Stamps, but it worked well enough to showcase two different Unity kits...
The front sentiment came from Birthday Jubilee (July 2013 Sentiment Kit) and I used a huge sentiment from Here's My Thought (August 2013 Sentiment Kit). Her friend was delighted to get a soccer card. :)
And while the kids were at the party (it was at a location about 30 minutes from our house), I dashed out to the local Asian grocery store there to grab some dumplings - and stopped by the produce area to oooh and aaah over the vegetables. I saw some long beans (see below) and immediately wanted to eat some.
I don't know what it is with these things, they intrigue me! I am constantly looking for recipes on how to cook them up. Yum yum... and it's pretty hard to feel guilty about eating vegetables...LOL!
Spicy, dry, sautéed long beans - pretty tasty! I didn't add the optional hoisin sauce at the end but next time I will (the flavoring was good, but there are certain times I like it heavier).
Hope everybody has a safe and fun weekend - if you're braving the crowds this weekend, GOOD LUCK! And be safe!



Great CAS cards.
ReplyDeleteFun card. The beans look yummy. Hugz.
ReplyDeleteVery cute card! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteFun card!
ReplyDeleteFun card and yummy beans!
ReplyDeleteAdorable card, beautiful work
ReplyDeleteAdorable card, beautiful work
ReplyDeleteNice card green beans look delish!!
ReplyDeleteLovely CAS card.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card for a sports fan and thanks for including the recipe.
ReplyDeletelove the card
ReplyDeleteWonderful boy card
ReplyDeleteThe food looks really yummy! I love your great card. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete