Friday, October 9, 2015

And they're off! FWF #41

I love it when a sketch comes along, that is incredibly versatile and fun - from CAS(E) this Sketch!


Of course, everybody has butterflies, but not everybody loves softball! I recently purchased You're a Hit from Unity and had been waiting for the right sketch...

 
This was my first attempt at trying to mask a stamp (the sentiment is stacked) and trying to fit it onto a small size. I didn't want to cut the stamp...but I might succumb one day...
 
Speaking of softball, Mika is feeling more comfortable with the team. She got the opportunity to play some second base last weekend. The uniforms are brand-new and I was thrilled to see how much they *pop* in pictures! 
 


And it's nice to see her maturing in other ways as well. The local middle schools had their first running meet yesterday in the 99-degree heat. I was pleased to see Mika running well (she shaved 19" off from last year) - she started her final "kick" earlier than I had advised (but she maintained!) and passed three others coming in the final stretch. Such good effort! She's not out to win (she's not a runner by any means, but it is good conditioning for softball) but she wants to do well - 13th place out of 31 girls (that finished). Not too shabby, Softball Girl! :)

And speaking of hot weather...it's over 100 degrees today, but on Monday, it was pouring rain and it was very cool (70's?). Time to make some soup! I found this VERY TASTY Copy Cat Panera Bread Potato Soup recipe - I highly recommend it! The little one loved it, but it was a little spicy for her (she ate some, panted, drank some ice water, ate some more - it was delicious torture for her!). I added some canned clams for extra protein.
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for visiting! Don't forget to check out Unity's Mystery Discount sale - you won't be sorry!

7 comments:

  1. Love the sketch you followed for your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on this sketch! And what a great card for Mika!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card. You really take great pictures too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots of Softball Girl!!! Also, wonderfully creative take on the sketch. Thanks for the update on your daughter. Love the uni!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete