Wednesday, September 2, 2015

FWF #36 - Change is a Good Thing :)

Hi, folks! Just a quick card here, since Friends with Flair moved to Tuesdays. I'm thrilled about that, because I'm not around much on the weekends, so now I have plenty of time to visit other blogs! :)

So as I mentioned last Friday, Mika had a big softball tryout with one of the top teams in the area/state.We figured it was a long shot, but Mika hustled hard and held her own. The best part was seeing a big smile on her face, as she enjoyed being challenged for the first time in a very long time. Immediately after practice, the coach offered her a spot! We were so thrilled and proud of Mika. Her previous team was filled with nice girls, but the skill level wasn't very high and Mika wasn't being challenged (truth to be told, she was stagnating). I was also worried that her team would never see the top levels of competition.

We asked Mika what she wanted to do and without missing a beat - she answered that she was 100% sure she wanted to join the new team. This is a huge step for her - not only does she have to work much harder now (she won't be one of the stars on the team anymore) but the possibilities for her future are limitless (if she works hard). The Corona Angels are the #1 softball organization in the country - and they have the most girls signed at D-1 schools. We're excited but a rather nervous - big things could be ahead for our little girl! 


I wanted to tell her how proud I was of her efforts and maturity (in the decision-making). Hence, I thought this card was perfect for her (Marika thought it was hilarious). These stamps are from the Change is a Good Thing kit.

And in case it's still hot in your part of the country, you might want to check out this Mango Lassi recipe from Rasa Malaysia. It was DELICIOUS (and so simple and easy) - and the closest thing I've found to what they serve in the good Thai restaurants. I've actually made it twice and found that the riper the mango, the better (especially the ones that you wouldn't eat straight, so overripe is okay!).

Hope you all have a wonderful week - don't forget to go shopping at Unity! :)

10 comments:

  1. Mika is right - your card is hilarious. This is such a fun stamp. And a big congrats to Mika - that's just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious card, I love it!
    Congratulations to Mika, (she sounds like and awesome girl!)
    The recipe looks and sounds delicious, I love mango in my smoothies! Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-how exciting for your daughter!
    Your card is so stinkin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome card for her. You're a good mama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. I love mango i should look that drink up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your talented athlete!!! So excited for her and for the possibilities that might open to her through the changes ahead. Such a funny card!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny card and congrats to Mika.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miwa! Your card is Gorgeous - I love it!! A fun card for your little girl :) Congrats to Mika!! Wishing her the best and I'm sure she will do well. You must be so proud of her! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete