One of the foremost things on my mind is worrying about Mika. As you know, she made an elite travel ball team about four weeks ago and it's been a rough start. It's hard to "catch up" when almost everybody else has been playing at a really high level for the past two years - and you haven't (her previous team was nice, but not very good). It's been a struggle for her to take the criticism and try not to let her self-confidence take a beating - and keep trying to do her best. All we can tell her is to hang in there and hustle (the first couple of months will be the worst) and that once she gets used to things, it will get better. Her teammates are SO GOOD, though (and they've been very nice). Although most of the parents have also been surprisingly nice, I am still waiting for one or two hard-core people to come up to me and tell me that my kid sucks and should quit (remember, most of these parents want their kids to sign with a D-1 school). I'm not sure what I would/should do, if that happens! I hope it doesn't!
However, that being said, I think she's learning some important life lessons here, especially that "if it easy, everybody could do it". Any time she starts a new job or new phase in school, this experience will be very similar. Suddenly, you have to struggle and work hard to be noticed. Sink or swim! Which will it be? It's all up to her! So, if you feel so inclined - please feel free to offer encouraging words of advice to her and I'll be sure to share with her. :)
So, Ms. Mika deserved a card for this week...keep your chin up, girl!
I like this sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch...
I found another great recipe for this week - Chicken Carbonara. I was limited by the ingredients available in my refridgerator, but I made it work! I omitted the bacon (and I would have anyway - I love bacon for breakfast, but not anywhere else, really) and just used ordinary parmesan, but the family LOVED it. I guess the bacon would have added some color, but maybe next time I'll add some sun-dried tomatoes. I'll definitely make this recipe again - it was very quick and easy!
Thank you for visiting! Hope you are all enjoying the so-called "fall" - we're at about 100 degrees today... almost 20 degrees above normal... whew!
And don't forget to go shopping at Unity - there are some adorable new releases! Woohoo!


Oh, this is lovely! Wonderful take on the sketch!
ReplyDeleteLove your card!! I'm sure it'll boost her!!
ReplyDelete-Berina
Moxie Craftie
So great to hear how your daughter is doing....even though it is a tough time. Even if it were all to come to a screeching halt today, she would have so very much to be proud of and so many wonderful memories.......and there is still more ahead!!! I am proud of you, Mom, for being there for her. Tell her we are all rooting for her....and to keep doing her best at all times. Success comes in a variety of shapes and sizes.....but it always comes to those who do what is right and keep trying.
ReplyDeleteI know your lovely card will encourage her.
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Beautiful card! I'm sure your daughter will love it! I think the hardest thing as a parent is watching our children struggle and letting them do it their own way without stepping in and trying to "fix" everything! You're a wonderful Mom, standing behind your girl while she figures out her place in her new team. Don't worry about all those other parents, they stood in your shoes once too (a new parent with a new kid on the team). I'm sure they'll be supportive and understanding. ;-)
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely, Miwa.
ReplyDeleteLove the colored butterflies on the neutral background. Great card! :)
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card. Hugz
ReplyDelete