Happy Friday! I guess I won't be seeing you fine folks on Friday anymore...it just means I'll be procrastinating on another day of the week! Today was kind of a crummy day...our final guinea pig (meaning, we're never going to own another one ever again - she was our eighth one over the past 16 years) passed away, after being on the decline for several days. On the bright side, I never have to worry about Bo possibly eating her anymore, so I can relax when he's unsupervised. Bo, however, will miss sneaking tastes of her pellet food and poop ("guinea pig chocoate", we called it).
I'm sure most of you have been checking out Unity's awesome sales...this set (Loving Today) was a newly released (last week?) and I love it!!! Inspiration sentiments are awesome - I made this "good luck" card for Mika, who has a big softball tryout this weekend. Please keep your fingers crossed for her!
Even with my mediocre coloring skills, I think this tag was really easy to color up with some Copics! Love the image!
I also thought it might be a fun way to upcycle those cute little kraft envelopes, which hold our freebies with every order.. what a great way to make someone's day special with some treats stuffed inside. :)
My new recipe for this week is Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic and Lemon Pan Sauce. This was a pretty tasty side dish (although I have to admit - one really should be careful when chatting with DaddyDude and making dinner - I think I didn't look at the recipe carefully and I suspect I added one too many tablespoons of lemon juice). I just love marinated mushrooms! They're so expensive in restaurants but pretty inexpensive to make at home. :)
Thanks for visiting and I'll be seeing you in a few days when Friends with Flair moves to Tuesdays. Woohoo! Change is good! Change is exciting! :)
Lovely card and bag.
ReplyDeleteWonderful card and gift bag! I need to ink up that set.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful good luck card for Mika (best of luck coming her way from So. Florida!). This is an awesome sentiment.
ReplyDeleteHad to laugh at the "guinea pig chocolate" - way funny!
Awesome card & I love the idea to recycle our "freebie" brown sacks form Unity!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great frame and sentiment for your projects. So pretty.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and great idea to decorate the upcycled bag, too!!! Yummy for the mushrooms!!!!
ReplyDelete<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Lovely projects, Miwa. The mushroom dish sounds yummy!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card. Love the addition of the sequins! I also love how you decorated that little craft goody bag!
ReplyDeleteShanna :)
Cute tag and love your upcycled bag. Hugz
ReplyDeleteAwesome way to recycle the envies. I just adore lots of lemon on my shrooms! Yum, yum!
ReplyDelete