The past few days have been particularly busy, as it is now Mika's turn - her travel ball team (Firecrackers) is participating in their USSSA World Series. But before it began, one of her teammates celebrated her 12th birthday...
I downloaded the "Firecracker Dude" (the official logo of their softball team, which is part of a huge franchise) and printed him out, stamping "Happy Birthday" below it (Balloons To You). I added more Unity stamps on the inside, using You Are {Dyna-Mite}, with a little bit of paper-piecing to add dimension.
For my recipe this week, I made Skinny Fettucine Alfredo. DaddyDude loves alfredo, but about 25 years ago, I tried to wing an alfredo sauce and it went really badly. SO BADLY, in fact, that I haven't eaten it since that time! But, I am trying to get over my fears and found this lovely recipe with great taste and reduced calories. :) It was a winner!
Here she is now, ten years later. She started playing travel ball January 2014, and her team is still building and going through many growing pains. Their World Series isn't going very well, but I am still able to get some good pictures. :) She is a natural right-hander, but as you can see, she isn't built for power. She was converted into a lefty a couple of years ago - as a slapper, she's three feet closer to first base (than a righty) - making it harder to get her out at first (you can click on the image below to see the progression).
So, I'll be at the ball park for the next couple of days still - in the blazing sun,snapping away with my camera. That's my kind of fun!!!
Thanks for visiting! Hope you all enjoy a crafty weekend!
She's pretty small, but she has a heck of an arm - she loves trying to throw the runner out at home from center field! Not too shabby for a skinny twelve-year old!




Hi, fun card. Lovely action photos. Hugz
ReplyDeleteCute card. And special for the recipient. Thanks for sharing your memories & photos. :-)
ReplyDeleteSo CUTE and fun. :)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute card and wonderful pics!!
ReplyDeleteA really cute card. I loved your story about your daughter. It is always fun to remember the fun things from the past.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun card! Sounds like your daughter is great softball player, such great memories :o)
ReplyDeleteGreat card and photos.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute birthday card for your daughter's teammate. I'm sure she appreciated how personalized the card is.
ReplyDeleteNice card and nice photos. Tks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteTotally cute! Great photos, also.
ReplyDeleteCUTE card & thanks for the link to the skinny fettucini recipe!
ReplyDeleteCute card!
ReplyDeleteThe card is too cute!
ReplyDeleteCute card & I love Alfredo. Reduced fat... Not so much. Lol!
ReplyDelete