I really liked this sketch from Mojo Monday (#405) - the diagonal strip was eye-catching and I thought it would be a great time to use one of Unity's background stamps.
Unity stamps used: A Bit of Burlap (an oldie but goodie!) and Today is a Lovely Day. Love the motivational sentiment!
It wasn't a terribly exciting week in the recipe test kitchen this week, but we tried something I've always wanted to - cakes/cookies in a mug! It sounds like a great idea - you get one serving - but it's hard not to be skeptical. The one on the left was called the 3-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie and the one on the right is a Chocolate Mug Cake (eggless and butterless). The kids were VERY excited to try making the cookie but one was disappointed by the taste (it ended up feeling more like a cake). The Chocolate Mug Cake tasted much better BUT became an active volcano within less the recommended minutes. My ten-year old started shouting, "Mommy!!! It's overflowing!!!" (See, this is why I don't bake - I hate to have to pay attention all the time!). What you see above is probably less than half of what I started with - I would make it again, but I would split the volume into two mugs! If anyone has a tried-and-true cookie/cake in a mug, I'd love to try it out! :)
Thank you for visiting and I hope you all have a wonderful and crafty weekend - don't forget to check out the latest sale at Unity! You can get three awesome kits for $19.99!

You used such pretty colors. Great card Miwa. I have tried the microwave cake before with anglefood cake mix. It was OK but not my favorite.
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Good luck with your baking experiments. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Love the little butterflies!
ReplyDeleteYour card is beautiful. Love this sketch, too.
ReplyDeletepretty. I love your butterflies.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on that sketch! I have a stitched die that makes the diagonal part... I must use it more! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSweet butterflies in this.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colors on the card!
ReplyDelete