Friday, July 17, 2015

FWF #29 - Butterfly Thanks

Happy Friday! I had a couple of belated "thank you" cards I had to make, for friends being extra sweet...

I really liked this sketch at Viva La Verve (be sure to check out their weekly challenges!)...and thought it was a great time to break out Unity's brand-new sentiment kit, Butterflies and Sunbeams.

Despite using papers from the same MME 6x6 set, I was pleased to have them looking very different.  

Last but not least, I have two new recipes to share with you today... both are from Rasa Malaysia's food blog... the first photo is of her Sesame Oil Chicken (which I adapted to make in a slow cooker - simply by not adding the 1/2 cup of water) and her (Americanized) Hot and Sour Soup.

The entire family LOVED the Sesame Oil chicken and the hot & sour soup really hit the spot for me (I think I love the tanginess of the vinegar, but next time I would add little strips of pork and maybe reduce the amount of dark soy sauce, because it was a little too dark in color for me). DaddyDude just doesn't care for hot & sour soup, but he downed his bowl without complaining. Both were very quick to prepare and quite tasty - a nice dinner when your kid's soccer practice goes until 8 pm and dinner has to be afterwards!

Happy crafting everyone and don't forget to check out Unity's latest promotion!Thank you for visiting! :)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card I love the sketch you used.Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely. Love that stamp (just ordered!). That is a nice sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Unity stamp looks great for the sketch you used. I also look forward to seeing what you are cooking.

    ReplyDelete