Friday, July 24, 2015

FWF #30 - Crazy California Weather

Happy Friday! Have you been shopping the fun sales at Unity? Angela is offering great kits, 3 for $19.99! Woohoo! Time to go shopping! :)

I had some fun with the new Sentiment Kit - Butterflies & Sunbeams (August 2015) this week.


I found this CAS sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch blog (#133) and thought it would be a good way to showcase these great sentiments,,,


I made three mini-cards, just using my Gelatos and some sequins. Sometimes less is more!

For my weekly recipe, I made another one-pot pasta recipe, Garlic Parmesan Noodles.

I have to admit, these things still make me nervous (will I end up with a weird soupy mess?!) but I doubled this recipe and it still turned out delectably. I made this as a side dish, but next time, I would add some sun-dried tomatoes with broccoli and chicken, just to bulk it up. Yum! Simple and good!

I don't know about the rest of you folks, but we southern Californians had incredibly weird wet weather over the weekend. Marika had a soccer tournament down in Escondido (1.5 hour drive from the house). There was so much lightning, the games were all delayed and then when things finally started, it poured rain on the girls (who enjoyed it, though). Over the course of the weekend, most areas in SoCal received about 2.5 inches of much-needed rain (but the drive back took over 2+ hours - in pouring rain). Yay! But it was NOT FUN sitting there being a spectator! EZ-UPs had to be held down while rain was pouring down mercilessly. On the bright side - Marika's team won their very first tournament ever (they've been together for 2.5 years and now they're 10 years old) and the coach awarded the trophy to Marika as tournament MVP! She was so surprised but happy, considering she is a defensive center midfielder. She always gives 110% though. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for visiting! :)



10 comments:

  1. Wonderful creations, Yummy food and great photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, nice sentiments for your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cards, good food and a terrific trophy! TGIF!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all know who has the best sentiments for cards. These are great! Congrats to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that sometimes, less is more. The sentiment should be the focal point a lot of times. Your mini cards are very cute! And so is Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely set of cards! Love the yellows and blues!

    ReplyDelete