Thursday, May 14, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week - FWF #20

It was Teacher Appreciation Week at Marika's elementary school this week, so it was a good time to get crafty.

 I chose sketch #122 from CAS(E) this sketch...
 

As any of you know, Unity Stamp Co has many wonderful sentiment stamps. I used Thank You Teacher and You Make the Grade. The butterflies came from the newly released Butterfly Endearment kit (I used the small ones and cut two of the three out).
The inside sentiment is A+ Teacher but I cannot remember (again) which kit the note on the left belongs to. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a glass jar full of already- stamped "extra" Unity sentiments. However, after awhile, I can't remember which kit they belong to!

 
Today, the kids were supposed to bring in something sweet for their teacher. I used an old Quickutz die (mini takeout box) to make a cute box, stamped and embossed it (Thanks for Teaching), and then assembled it. I could stuff ten Andes mints inside, which was surprising. The tag is also from Unity Stamp Co...somewhere...



 
Last but not least, here's my new recipe for the week - One Pot Penne Pasta with Tomato & Basil. Except, of course, you notice that there's no penne pasta! I started out with tortellini, but then panicked that the water wasn't evaporating fast enough, so I threw some linguine in there, too. I did have to cook things quite a bit longer than I had expected BUT... this dish was a fabulous surprise! I was very skeptical about this whole "one pot" idea - but I had to try it before I knocked it - and the flavoring was REALLY good! The original recipe is vegetarian, but I added some shrimp (only because I forgot to buy some chicken breasts at the store) about 3 minutes before I turned the heat off. I will definitely be making this one again!
 
Hope everyone has a great weekend - thanks for visiting! Happy crafting! :)


17 comments:

  1. Really nice card, great take on the sketch. I love it.
    I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects! And that shrimp looks delicious!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little butterflies look great on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Miwa!!! Yummy looking dish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card and treat box, Miwa!
    I love that sketch :-)
    Thanks for the recipe. I am going to try it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card and box! So lovely and thoughtful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little giftie... guess it is that time of year, again. Okay you made me hungy, and since I am having shrimp for dinner also.... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, A sweet card (LOVE the sentiment!) and a nice treat box for the teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome stamping. Gotta love the teachers, always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and treat box for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your project at Unity's FWF and came over for a closer look...
    I bet their teacher loved them. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great teacher sweeties and dinner looked yummy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the little butterflies on the card. Thank for the recipe, I will definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete