Thursday, May 28, 2015

Feeling Chippy - FWF #22

Hi, folks! Happy Friday! Be sure to check out the latest and greatest sale at Unity Stamp Co!

Marika was invited to yet ANOTHER birthday party tomorrow (is it just me, or is the new trend to give less 3-5 days notice???), so it was time to get crafty. At least it wasn't a soccer teammate, so I didn't have to try and incorporate a soccer ball!


The current sketch from The Deconstructed Sketch (#202) was perfect for the stamp I wanted to showcase...

And here is the front...using Candles and Cake {Wit & Wisdom}... love this stamp! I also used the smaller butterfly from Today is a Lovely Day... (when you adhere only the body of the butterfly, it pops up really nicely for a 3-D effect)...

I prefer my cards to have no sentiment stamped on the inside, but with little kids, you never know. So, I used All Kinds of Happy so Marika would have less room to write ("you're welcome, kiddo!"). I hope she has fun - they're going blueberry picking after school and then back to her friend's house for cake and a pinata. :)

I have two vegetable recipes that I tried this week -

Szechuan Eggplant - this was yummy! I know, I know...most of you can't stand eggplant...so...

Maybe you should try making some kale chips. I've heard about them for years, but finally bought some at the produce store. Everybody liked them but they were gone too fast!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy crafting/cooking! :)

15 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely! Love that sketch, too ... will have to save it to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I used the same stamp this week!
    Pretty card, love the addition of the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch, Miwa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! LOVE that sketch and you did FABULOUS with it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the design to your beautiful card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card. Love the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way that you added and stamped the butterflies. They add so much to the card. I need to use this sketch sometime. Also, I know what you mean about the kale chips, they disappear very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of a fun sketch! Funny, I can never decide if I want to do my sequins cupped up or down. I kind of like the look of down, here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that collage stamp and the butterflies. Beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card--I like this stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your wonderful FWF card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsbyDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete