Happy Friday, folks! Time for another Friends with Flair card - this past week, DaddyDude celebrated his birthday, so I made him a card. I liked the cake in Damn You're Old, but didn't think he was ready to appreciate either of the accompanying sentiments, so I chose two sentiments from Wish With Your Heart (August 2014 Sentiment Kit) and Blossoming Thoughts and Wishes (March 2015 Sentiment Kit).
I liked the cake in Damn You're Old, but didn't think he was ready to appreciate either of the accompanying sentiments, so I chose two sentiments from Wish With Your Heart and
I found a fabulous new recipe for this week! Every other week or so, I cook a whole chicken in the crockpot and use the meat and stock for 3-4 meals. Not only is it economical, but it is super easy and delicious. I had half of a chicken left, so I searched Pinterest and found a recipe for Chicken, Broccoli, and Pasta Skillet Casserole. Perhaps even better, this recipe called for "Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup" (which you can use for many other dishes) and provided an easy version of it. The only changes I made to the skillet recipe were to omit the broiling step (to brown the cheese) and I added green onions for garnish. The kids and DaddyDude LOVED it. What a winner - easy and delicious!
Thanks for visiting! Don't forget to check out the birthday sale at Unity Stamp Co! :)

Cute card! Bought this set last year to make a card for my mom's 80th birthday (because it had TONS of candles on it). haha
ReplyDeleteCute card...that many candles would cause a bonfire! LOL!
ReplyDeleteSaw your card on FWF! This is adorable! Your recipe looks delish too! Yum!!! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteGreat CAS card! Hooray for a great new recipe!
ReplyDeleteI saw your cute card at FWF, great make. Dinner looks good too. Carol x
ReplyDeleteCute CAS card.
ReplyDeleteReally cute card. I love this set.
ReplyDeleteGreat CAS card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card with lots of candles. :)
ReplyDeleteSuper fun card with all those zillions of candles!!! Love it.
ReplyDeleteOh, yummmmmmy comfort food!!! I was esp interested in the homemade creamy soup recipe which I now have saved!!! Thanks for sharing!!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com