Friday, May 8, 2015

FWF #19

Hope everyone is enjoying some springtime weather! We've already had days of 90+ degrees (the air-conditioner was going off in March!) but last night, we had a rainstorm and this is what we woke up to...

Yup, that be snow, folks! Those mountains represent the Lake Arrowhead/Big Bear region. It's May! Can you believe it?! Freaky weather!

It seems this is also the time for soccer girl birthday parties - another one of Marika's teammates is having a picnic party tomorrow, so it was time to make another soccer card.
 

 
I chose this sketch from The Deconstructed Sketch (#200) because the circle was perfect for the soccerball stamp I love to use. I also decided to try something different and make a two-sided card (like a postcard). Again, I used the royal blue color, since it's the club colors (Pateadores).
 

So here's the front...I was delighted to find some soccer washi tape while trying to organize my craft room...the takeout box on the right has a soccer charm necklace I made (since Jenna likes everything soccer)... (Wish With Your Heart {Sentiment Kit August 2014}). For the life of me, I cannot remember the kit from which "...make a wish" comes from...



And here's the "back" of the card...again, I cannot remember the Unity kit from which the "happy birthday" sentiment comes. Argh! It's been one of those days!

 
For my new "recipe of the week", I made Cream Cheese Wontons - a variation of crab ragoon. My mother rarely used to make crab ragoon and I remember that when she did, each of us only got one or two! Oh, the agony when you're a little kid! :)
 
 
DaddyDude really liked the recipe - I thought it was a pretty clever variation (not being fried!), though it probably would have been better if my wonton skins hadn't been sitting in the fridge for a few months. If I can figure out how to stop them from leaking (I'm sure this was my fault - there's a reason I don't bake, I usually forget to keep an eye on the oven), these would be great for a party appetizer. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog and happy crafting! 


7 comments:

  1. This is so YUMMY!!!!! I love the whole treat set with card.
    I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and gift box! Love those take-out boxes....perfect for this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, from your beautiful mountain view, to your yummy treats, this post is wonderful! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome project and recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful. Great FWF project. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great soccer card and birthday card. Happy Mothers Day.

    ReplyDelete