Friday, January 30, 2015

An Oldie But Goodie - FWF #5

Hi, folks - Happy Friday!

I'm now at the edge of my tolerance level - it's been a week without a kitchen and there have been way too many strangers in my house - but we are about two weeks away from the end of our home renovation. I cannot wait to straighten out my craft space and access all of my Unity stamps again!

 
This sketch really called to me this week. It's from CAS(E) this sketch...I don't know why, but the stripes made me think of chevrons and chevrons made me think of this MME paper... :)
 


I used one of Unity's newest kits, "No Remedy for Love" (January 2015 Sentiment Kit). Unfortunately, I appear to be unable to tie a decent bow, so I had to settle for knotting some raffia.


And for this week's recipe...


Marika and I made English Muffin Pizzas. Many of you probably made these back when you were children, but we didn't - probably because our oven was too large and there was no way my mother would let us bake a few tiny pizzas and waste all that energy!

But, since our little oven was the only way to heat things up for a couple of days this week (the microwave had become buried behind the new kitchen cabinets), this recipe was a great idea - and the kids had so much fun making their own food!

Hope everybody is staying warm and dry, wherever they are - be safe and happy crafting! Thanks for visiting and don't forget there's a great inventory sale at Unity this week... :)

14 comments:

  1. This might seem funny, but English muffin pizzas are sort of a tradition in our house for Christmas eve. After you have spent the whole day prepping for the big meal the next day, and most restaurants are closed, We have a quick snack of these, before settling in to wait for Santa. Your chevron card and sentiment look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the pink chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I myself never had English muffin pizzas as a child but I make them for my daughters lunchbox and she loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, and I love the idea ofl doing English muffin pizzas with my grandchildren! I found you on Unity's Friday Friends With Flair. http://theunitystampco.blogspot.com/2015/01/friday-friends-with-flair-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wonderful card. Thanks for sharing.
    {I came over from the Unity Friends with Flair challenge}
    Oh and your pizza has made me hungry. lol.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this card! I love what you have done with this sketch. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is lovely with that great sentiment.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty - love the chevrons.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I love Eng muffin pizzas!!!
    Your card is a terrific take on the sketch. Love the pink chevron background!
    (Now I am hungry for pizza......)
    Saw you on FWF. TFS!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...english muffin pizzas...delightful! your card is delightful too!! love that chevron paper and simplicity of your design. too fun! hope you get your kitchen back soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet card - LOVE that sentiment!
    English Muffin Pizzas sound totally yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! I have never heard of English Muffin pizzas before; sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card with a fabulous sentiment!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E)this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a sweet card! Lovely take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete