Friday, January 23, 2015

FWF #4 - Broccoli jackpot!

Happy Friday, folks! Hope everyone has had a good week! Time for another Friends with Flair today - and don't forget to go shopping at Unity's garage sale... :)

Sympathy cards are never fun to make, so it's really nice to have a "go to" great sentiment and image. As soon as I saw Dogs Leave Pawprints, I knew I had to get it (cat lovers can get Cats Leave Pawprints). Our next door neighbor's dog - who we met the second she came home - passed away a few days ago. She was 12 years old and a good dog. My neighbor was heartbroken. :(
 
I used sketch #168 from Freshly Made Sketches...

...and came up with this CAS card. Sometimes, simpler is just better.

Speaking of simple... this past week I made two new recipes - a Mushroom and Leek soup from a recipe I cut out years ago from a food magazine (chicken broth with mushrooms and leeks sauteed in butter [I substituted scallions for the leeks - if you'd like that recipe, please email me] and Roasted Broccoli (Marika hadn't been too impressed with my roasted green beans from last week). 
 
Mushroom and Scallion soup

Roasted Broccoli

I was surprised the children liked the mushroom and scallion soup (next time, I would add tiny chunks of potatoes), but they loved (especially Marika) the roasted broccoli (they LOVED it). I'd definitely recommend pinning the broccoli recipe!

Thanks for visiting! Happy crafting!

13 comments:

  1. I love this pet card, and how it was created. Thanks for the inspiration. I have needed far too many of these lately, and I am out of ideas. The veggies look yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is perfect. I'm sure it will bring your neighbor comfort. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm stopping by from Unity's Friends with Flair.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. I need to get a list of your sketch challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card so sorry for their loss, it's never easy to lose a pet

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute paw card, and I am going to have to try that mushroom and leek soup, my hubby would love it!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome dog card and so true. Yummy recipes again today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How thoughtful to make a card for your grieving neighbor. It is so hard to lose a dear pet.
    That broccoli looks fabulous!! YUM. Love coming to your blog to see what's for supper. :)
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot,.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! So thoughtful and kind of you to make a sympathy card for your neighbor's dog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love a bowl of your delicious soup today! YUMMY!! Your sweet card will bring a smile to your friends face I'm sure. Always sad losing a loved one but cards like these sure help ease the pain. ~Donna K @ Studio307

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card and such a true sentiment. Just lovely and I'm sure it will be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect sympathy card for a dog owner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your CAS dog card. Lovely paw print. Hugz

    ReplyDelete