Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year! FWF Week #1

Hi, folks! Happy New Year! It's the first Friends with Flair for the year! Woohoo! Don't forget to check out Unity Stamp Co's clearance sale... lots of Itty-Bitty stamps for only $2.15 and shipping is free on orders over $25!
 
I haven't decided if I want to commit to posting every week for FWF, but here's my first card of the year. I chose a sketch from a website I just discovered today - Sketch Frenzy Friday.


 This is their first sketch for 2015.
 
 
I chose to use Unity's Hotter Than Sriracha stamp set, because I probably give more cards to my hubby than anybody else (neither of us drink either, so I never buy any of the alcohol-themed kits from Unity, or anybody else for that matter). The "I Love You" sentiment is from the How You Doin' kit (anybody else think of Joey Tribbiani?). I am finally getting around to organizing our "Fun Room", and found some very old Making Memories paper and embellies. Who knows what else I'll find??? Well, I did finally throw away a bunch of old CDs I was going to upcycle - many were for "AOL". LOL!

My resolution for 2015 is to try one new recipe a week - and post about it. Today, I made shrimp fried rice (but with chicken instead of shrimp) from Rasa Malaysia.

 
Yeah, I hear what you're saying - I must be joking, I've never made fried rice before? Shocking, but true. I never cared for my mother's version, so I just never really craved fried rice - until I moved to an area where it's hard to find good Chinese food. I absolutely love pinterest - you can find the best bloggers with the tastiest recipes and never have a problem finding a pinned recipe. Rasa Malaysia is one of my favorites - easy but tasty Asian recipes (if you follow her on Facebook, the recipes show up on your feed and it's very easy to pin recipes right away). I simply doubled the seasoning (soy sauce and oyster sauce) because I more than doubled the frozen vegetables.
 
Well, I guess I really should resolve to clean up the Fun Room and organize things, but... ;)
 
 Do you have any resolutions for 2015? If so, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks for visiting my blog and hope you have a great (and crafty) weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Love the pink and brown together. Thanks for sharing!!!
    I am not committing to every week for Friends with Flair, but I do want to participate more this year. See you on Fridays!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the Making Memories paper from back in the CC days? You always do such great work. Love it. I think I will have to follow you on Pintrest. However, I do already make pretty good fried rice:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just knew that when Unity came out with this "hot" stamp, it was going to get lots of use! Your card is awesome, and good for you with the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful job on the sketch. The rice looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome and FUN card. And it's very cool that you're trying new recipes this way. Share some good ones with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and fun card! I am thinking I really need to get this stamp, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! Especially the color combo! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday! (Joey is exactly who i thought about. Lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your 2015 resolution. But I hope you continue w/your 2014 resolution too. I love seeing all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card i ordered it for my husband as well. Lol about the AOL disks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, Miwa! My resolution is to not make any resolutions I cannot keep. Hence, no resolutions for 2015! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, recipe looks good and have fun cleaning and organizing your Fun room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card. The rice looks good. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Love the hot sauce theme. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cute card! Fun image and great colors! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha love it. Hubby is a big sriracha fan!!! Great card

    ReplyDelete