Friday, September 19, 2014

A Big First for Marika - FWF #37

Hi, folks! Thanks for joining me for another episode of Unity's "Friends With Flair"! Today was a big day for Marika - she went off to Astro Camp for the first time (her big sister went the two previous years - it's a program for fourth and fifth graders). I actually wasn't worried about her until she started leaning on me like this...

However, her chaperone is a very good family friend and an awesome person in every way imaginable. She's in great hands! So, I know she's having a good time right now, she just had a little bit of initial anxiety since it's her first time away from home. She goes zip lining tomorrow - how exciting is that?!

It'll also be a fun weekend for her big sister, who gets to enjoy being an "only child" for the first time in seven years! :) But, only until Sunday afternoon!

I enjoyed getting a little crafty this afternoon and decided to make a thank you card (for her chaperone) based on this delectable sketch from Viva La Verve.

The minute I saw that tag shape, I KNEW which Unity stamp I wanted to showcase...


The Garden Whatnot Collection - the latest kit from Susan Weckesser! I also used Canvas Wishes (the big dandelions) and Wonderful You -  a now "hard-to-find" Unity kit that was "sold only in stores - October 2009" (I used the sentiment "Wonderful You"). The dandelions were heat-embossed on the kraft while the Fancy Pants patterned paper added a little bit of subtle interest to the background. The vellum with gold leaves was a scrap from a friend's wedding invitation... about 11 years ago! Talk about not letting go of scraps! Sheesh!

But hey - I used it!

Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We're enjoying a balmy weekend of sorts (only in the 90's!) with the possibility of rain. For those of you seeing an actual color change in the foliage - ENJOY! :)

Don't forget to check out the latest awesome sale at Unity, where all "girly" stamps are 50% off!


18 comments:

  1. Amazing take on the sketch. Always your work is spectacular. 11 years is an amazing feat but they worked perfect with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, and I love the vellum panel! I have scraps just as old - perhaps even older :) Welcome to the world of craft hoarding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! The chaparone will love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tag looks beautiful in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this card! Great interpretation of the sketch, too! Perfect stamp for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful of you to make a card for the chaperone. I love that you're using a scrap you've saved, and you know where it came from!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Wow - your scraps are "vintage"....lol! I really love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Hope both girls enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet photo of your girl! and love that vellum layer with the sentiment on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vellum looks fantastic. Hope the girls have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sketch and color combo Miwa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done! I love Susan's new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great take on the sketch. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the sketch and I would have kept that lovely vellum scrap that long also. Hope both girls enjoyed their time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! Love the garden images and the colors you used from the ink to the paper!

    ReplyDelete