The girls had a lighter week of practices this week and with DaddyDude home, I was able to craft a little more. I made two cards, both based off some nice sketches I found on Pinterest...
Sketch #33 from Crazy 4 Challenges (I'd never heard of this site before, but this sketch totally rocks!)
Yes, I'm into using kraft paper as the background, so things *pop*. Patterned paper and journaling block from MME (cropchocolate folks probably recognize these!). Stamps are from Unity Stamp Co (of course) - "Thank you" sentiment is from the Hello Thank You kit while the hashtag sentiment is from their new Hashtag kit.
This sketch is from the Studio Calico site. I didn't know they offered sketches there!
I thought it was a great time to showcase the butterflies from the Hashtag kit as well (sentiment from the Hello Thank You kit). Yes, it was quite a bit of fussy cutting, but I have been watching a lot of "Love It or List It" on HGTV, to be inspired to unclutter the house more. So, it passes the time pretty productively. :) Patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye, the "All Spice" collection of 6x6 papers while the "Thinking of You" sentiment is heat embossed with white to help it stand out.
And last but not least, Unity announced a "Red-White-and-Blue" challenge on their Unity "Show and Tell" facebook page. I hadn't made a layout in a long time, so I figured it was time! I used the Unity {Be Inspired} monthly challenge sketch for the layout...

I chose to showcase one of Marika's All Stars pictures, because their team colors are red, white, and blue. She's enjoying her second year of 8U All Star softball, but I haven't had a chance to get this year's pictures developed. But fortunately, I had plenty from last year, still on hand. Apparently, I was still in the mood to fussy cut... A LOT of little flowers!
Patterned papers (Fancy Pants "My Family), stamps from Unity Stamp Co (This Right Here - June 2014 SMAK kit, Do More Awesome, All Star sentiment, "2013" from Going Places - February 2013 SMAK kit). And in case you're wondering why all of the numbers are "5", it's because that was her jersey number last year. :)
Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend! :)



Wow that really was a lot of fussy cutting, but you did such an amazing job. That butterfly stamp is so cute and versatile!
ReplyDeleteLovely cards and wonderful layout!
ReplyDeleteWonderful cards & layout.
ReplyDeletelove the dragonflies :)
ReplyDeleteYou, Miwa, now have the title of "Fussy Cutting Queen". You have been very busy with that scissors of yours! But the outcome was worth it! Glad you found more time to craft this week and I hope you enjoyed the 4th!
ReplyDeleteSuperb set of makes I think they're all really great, I like cutting too x
ReplyDeleteThese are all so amazing. Beautiful cards and lo. :)
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy making some beautiful creations!
ReplyDeleteGreat projects using these sketches.
ReplyDeleteGreat job with all the sketches. Thanks for posting direct links to all the Unity stamps. It makes it so much easier to add them to my wish list!
ReplyDeleteWonderful cards and layout!
ReplyDeleteI thought I saw your post and left a comment before but I dont see it... So let me just make sure I told you these are great creations.
ReplyDelete