Friday, July 11, 2014

Getting Sketchy - FWF #27

Hi, folks! It's Friday and time for another "Friends with Flair" hop with Unity Stamp Co! Don't forget to go shopping... they've got free itty-bitties with certain dollar amount purchases and a great inventory reduction sale. Woohoo!

My "Stamp of the Week" (Gladness Touch Your Life) arrived yesterday so I decided to break it out right away. Of course, that gave me a reason to surf Pinterest and look for cool card sketches. :) Both cards are modeled on Viva La Verve sketches - the first one is this week's current challenge (July 2014 Week 1) while the second one is from a year ago (July 2013 Week 1). If you'd like to scope out more of their awesome sketches, check them out on Pinterest here.
 
I didn't even know Viva La Verve sold their own stamps until yesterday - I love stamps! On the bright side, their challenges are flexible enough that you don't *have* to use Verve stamps, which I really appreciate. You also have the option of combining it with a particular color scheme.
 
So, here's my take on their sketch and color challenge (stamp from Unity Stamp Co while patterned papers are from MME, including the journaling blocks). 
 
 
And here's the second sketch... (I don't have a good link, I'm sorry...)
 

And my take.. with more patterned papers from MME that my Cropchocolate.com friends will most certainly recognize... :) [will I ever use up my paper before I died? Probably not!]
 
 

Last but not least, it's been a long while since I've posted a picture of Bo (now 10.5 months old) - he doesn't particularly like posing, so DaddyDude squished him during a moment of male bonding. Those boys have to stick together in a household full of girls! Having him in our lives has brought immense joy and happiness to our girls. I'll love him forever for that!



Thanks for visiting and I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing weekend! It's another weekend full of softball for us..

14 comments:

  1. Great cards, Miwa! I recognize that paper! I still have some in my stash, too. And, I wonder the same thing. But, the answer is 'no'. When I die, someone will have a huge mess, cleaning out paper and all the rest of the scrappy supplies. Sigh. Love your male bonding pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards!!! Love the paper and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards!!! Love the paper. very pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards and those sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your choice of papers on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards; love the paper combos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards! Glad you found Those sketches. I like their sketches and they have some pretty and inspirational stamps too.
    I will have lots of paper in my stash and my daughters will probably donate it somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! Love the colors you used on the first, and the papers work beautifully with the sketch on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love great sketches! They really get me going when I'm feeling hopeless. You did so well!
    xxx
    Riette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miwa, it has been some time! Nice to see Bo looking "squished" lovingly hahaha... Great cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this card caught my in the Viva la Verve gallery! so pretty, Miwa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work with this great quote. :)

    ReplyDelete