Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Check out the new look at 2 Broke Girls Challenge Blog!

Slowly but surely, I'm starting to use my Unity stamps on my layouts. Now, if I could just figure out how to organize them well enough to find what I'm looking for - quickly!
 
 
Patterned papers & diecut embellishment (My Mind's Eye "Lost & Found"), kraft cardstock (Carta Bella),
chipboard embellishments (UmWowStudio), alphabet stickers (Colorbok [blue] and Authentique [brown]), stamps (Unity Stamp Co),
distress ink (Tim Holtz - Festive Berries & Walnut Stain), brads (Making Memories), staples (Tim Holtz),
adhesive (Scrappin' Supplies), marker (American Crafts)
 
 
After I made this layout, we found video footage from Mika's first day of kindergarten (the same day as the photo was taken). I asked, "Do you like your teacher?" She nodded enthusiastically. When prompted as to why, she said, "He gave me FOUR cookies!!!" 

Obviously, the way to a kindergartener's heart is through their stomach. :)
 
In case you were wondering about the design, the layout is based on this awesome sketch, found at 2 Broke Girls Challenge Blog... they've got a new look, come and check it out!
 
 


18 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous layout! I would judge the teacher on how many cookies I got too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your layout is amazing!!! i love this
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout with lots of great detail , adorable little girl too : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miwa, this layout is Awesome!! I love everything about it, the stamps,papers and the design. Your little girl is so adorable, and love that snapshot of her. Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Sweet layout and what a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and a great memory.
    Cindy f.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a precious layout and memory of your daughter you have shared with us today. Beautiful in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is a lovely lo Miwa. Wonderful soft tones and nice accents. Terrific. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is just too cute !! :) love the layout btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is adorable, and so is your daughter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miwa, you came up with another AWESOME layout! I love everything -- design, paper, embellishments, and of course, pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a perfect layout for such a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The layout is fantastic! I love all the details. If you find a good way to organize your stamps, let me know. I need a better, more useful system.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is always SUPER!! This one is no different! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful story! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete