The kids have been back in school for over 2 weeks (the picture below is from their first day back), but I still wish there were more than 24 hours in a day. It is, however, refreshing to go grocery shopping by myself. Funny how it's the little things that can make life easier...!
For those of you who haven't seen Mika lately, you'll notice that she's wearing glasses now! Apparently, she has a pretty severe astigmatism in her right eye. She doesn't seem to mind wearing her glasses, at least, and personally - I think she looks pretty cute! I also think it's wonderful that there doesn't seem to be a social stigma for kids wearing glasses in school anymore - they're almost seen as a kind of cool fashion accessory.
For those of you who haven't seen Mika lately, you'll notice that she's wearing glasses now! Apparently, she has a pretty severe astigmatism in her right eye. She doesn't seem to mind wearing her glasses, at least, and personally - I think she looks pretty cute! I also think it's wonderful that there doesn't seem to be a social stigma for kids wearing glasses in school anymore - they're almost seen as a kind of cool fashion accessory.
And no, I don't dress my kids alike on purpose. They do it ALL ON THEIR OWN. I don't understand it, frankly - and I'm sure later in their therapy sessions, they'll somehow blame it on me!
And guess what - I finally did it! I watched my Spectrum Noir DVD and blended my markers! It's only my first card, but I feel better about it, since the colors actually did blend and well, it just looks better than straight coloring. I'm on my way!
Patterned papers (My Mind's Eye), cardstock (Crafter's Companion), stamp (Unity Stamp Co - "Maggie"), markers (Spectrum Noir),
rhinestones (My Mind's Eye), black ink (Memories), Stickles, pop dots
I was originally making this card for Mika's softball friend, but as I was coloring it, I gasped and thought, "Is that a wine glass she's holding?!" So, this card will go to somebody older. :) I'm sure I have a few unused birthday cards suitable for a 10-year old girl...
Thank you for visiting my blog - hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Please come back in on September 1st when 2 Broke Girls Challenge Blog begins their a sketch-a-thon. Come and join in on the fun! After all, if you make your smash smaller, then you can go buy more stuff!! It's a win, win situation! :)


Miwa, your post is so fun to read. Your girls look so sweet together. I have an older sis but I can't remember if we ever wore the same type of clothes. It so nice that your girls enjoy it. Your card is Beautiful! Your colouring is very lovely, and welcome to the world of alcohol ink markers, they make colouring so fun. Have a marvellous weekend!
ReplyDeleteMiwa , your daughters are as pretty as you! How ute that they like to dress alike. :) Your coloring is awesome. I also got my Copic markers recently - so welcome to the club! :D
ReplyDeleteMiwa, I love your newsy posts! Your daughters are growing! Maybe that's some kind of soccer ball holder Maggie Girl's hand? Love your blending. You're on your way, Girl!
ReplyDeleteGreat card and coloring. You have 2 adorable girls.
ReplyDeleteYour girls are darling! I love the card and come on! How much fun would it be to see the friend's Mom's face when she notices the wine glass? LOL
ReplyDeleteI know, right? But I never want to be known as "THAT mom", you know? hee hee... some things are difficult to live down!
DeleteSuch a cute picture! Your card is awesome! Your coloring looks fabulous!
ReplyDeleteLOL!! i hope they dont have nightmares about matching their outfits haha. gorgeous birthday card, love the colors!
ReplyDelete-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com
The card is fabulous! I love your post. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing life's tid-bits! Your girls are lovely! I do so enjoy your card.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could cover up that wine glass with a flower? bow? Or pretend there is water in the glass. I was at a party and someone asked me about the wine I was drinking. I was confused for a bit, but realized they were confused by the water in my wine glass. Yes, that was a very light vintage, lol.
ReplyDeleteSuch a clever idea! I think I was panicking, but you're right - next time, I will hide it!
DeleteLovely girls... and yes, I think girls nowadays love wearing glasses...and even braces...LOL. THat card is amazing... You could always put a flower or something else to cover the wine glass... if you wish.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I don't know why I didn't think about it, but that's why I have my FWF friends to help me out. :) Thank you, Myra!
Deletecute card!!
ReplyDeletePretty card, and beautiful girls!
ReplyDeleteYour daughter looks beautiful with and without her glasses :) They are both adorable!
ReplyDeleteWAY TO GO!!! Your coloring ROCKS!!! I am still giggling about the wine glass comment...thank goodness it isn't me giving the card. I wouldn't have noticed and that would be quite the topic of conversation amongst the other softball moms ;)
What a fabulous card and even more fabulous daughters!
ReplyDelete