I still can't believe that cropchocolate.com is closing! I've been "with" the company almost from the very beginning (my customer number is just over 100!) and was part of their very first focus group, the original group of "Chocolatiers". Now, just as I was nearing the end of my second DT term, the company announced that they were shuttering their doors. On the bright side, they'll be allowing us to continue our social interactions on the site, but we'll see how that goes. I wish Jon & McCall (and the rest of the CC family well) - the company was truly astounding with their level of attention and care to customer service, not to mention some pretty cool website innovations of shopping carts & social interaction.
At any rate (*sigh*), here's my submission for their last weekly challenge - to use a neutral base and some twine as a punch of color. I'll also be submitting this to "Friends with Flair" for Unity Stamps (as well as their monthly inspiration card challenge) and OH MY GOODNESS, they are celebrating their 5th anniversary! Congrats and happy birthday to Unity Stamp Co!!! You will want to check out their really great sale here.
Patterned paper (EP), Kraft (Carta Bella), twine (MME), buttons (FP Summer Soul), TH Walnut Stain & Worn Lipstick distress inks, glue dots, Stickles; non-CC-items: markers (Spectrum Noir), stamps (Unity Stamp Co)
I love this stamp! This was my very first time to color in a person. Wow, what an odd sentence! I really liked the Spectrum Noir pale hues selection - it works! With the closing of CC and the end of my DT term, it's time to improve my rubber stamp coloring... ;)
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!
awww. that's sad. but hey.. you had fun right?
ReplyDeletei like your card! so so cute!
your card is so cute!! Just think of it as "you are off to new adventures"!!
ReplyDeletePrecious! And love your border of twine w/ the buttons...too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Unity :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute card.
ReplyDeletePrecious! And love your border. and the colors.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry your favorite blog site is closing. It's too bad someone couldn't take over for it. But just remember the fun times. Your card is so sweet and precious :)
ReplyDeleteIt is always sad when we get comfy with a place and then POOF, it's gone. Love your sweet little card.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a darling design, colored up nicely. I really really like the sentiment for it too. Chin up. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Miwa! Love your card, it's so sweet and the twine colours & button coordinates perfectly. Sad to hear about CC :( Have a lovely weekend!!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love this card. I'm proud to say I completed all 60 of those challenges -- without a single win. That's why I never go to the casino, LOL!
ReplyDeleteThis stamp you used is one of my favorites. She just makes me smile! Your colored her well, regardless of sentence structure.
Wow! All 60? That's quite an achievement! :) Congrats!
DeleteSuper cute card!
ReplyDeleteAdorable card! the sweet details are perfect for that cutie-pie image!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute stamp and a great card!
ReplyDeleteMiwa, I'm so honored to have been on the cC DT w u! Love this card!
ReplyDeleteI'm was so sad for you to hear that CC is closing. I know how much you enjoyed the camaraderie, DT, and of course, the deals. The hobby business is so tough.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear your sad news :( It is always heartbreaking when places you love close their doors.
ReplyDeleteYour card is so sweet and lovely.
love that cute image! great card.
ReplyDelete