Cropchocolate.com is going out with a bang - tomorrow is the very last day for la carte checkouts and all NSD challenges have to be submitted by 8 AM (MST) on May 10th. Our last task, as the outgoing cropchocolate.com Design Team, was to pair up and create various challenges. Well, I suppose our ACTUAL last task was to complete as many challenges as possible. :) So, I've been busy! I'll be linking this page to Unity Stamp Company's "Friends with Flair" Fridays, as well as Seize the Birthday (Challenges #2 and 6). And here is what I created over the past few days...
Challenge #1 (from Jasmine & myself) - Incorporate a sunburst into your project...whether it's stitching, misting,
masking, paper piecing, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Cardstock (Carta Bella), kraft paper (Carta Bella), glitter paper (Fancy
Pants), Tim Holtz distress inks (Walnut Stain & Festive Berries), Stickles,
Scrappin’ Supplies adhesive, stamps (Unity Stamp Co), embossing folder
(Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations), ink (Colorbox)
Challenge #2 (from Nina & Julie) - Using the tic tac toe board (I chose using a stamp, patterned paper, and ribbon), pick one line in any direction and include those three items on your project (card or layout).
Patterned paper (MME "All Dolled
Up" from the Miss Caroline line), ribbon and doily diecut
sticker (MME), Stickles, AC Zing embossing powder (white), Versamark
embossing ink, Spectrum Noir markers, stamps (Unity Stamp Co), Scrappin' Supplies
adhesive
Challenge #3 (from Becky & Michele) - Create a project using at least one button AND at least one bow. As far as the rules: for the bow(s)…you can use ribbon, twine, paper, a stamped image or even a hand drawn bow. And since we are so easy ;) same goes for the button(s)… you can use an actual button, a stamped image, chipboard piece, paper or hand drawn image. The sky is the limit! Use your imagination, go crazy!! We are celebrating today!! Have fun and show us what you GOT!!
Cardstock (Carta Bella, Echo Park, and Bazzill), patterned paper (Fancy Pants),
glue dots, Quickutz die, buttons, tacky glue,
thank you sentiment [inside] (Unity Stamp Co)
thank you sentiment [inside] (Unity Stamp Co)
CC-items: patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket “Little Girl Biography”), cardstock
(Echo Park), MM metal rim tag, rub-ons (Cosmo Cricket), alphabet and diecut stickers
(Cosmo Cricket), butterflies (MM), Scrappin’ Supplies adhesive, marker (AC)
This was a bit difficult to do, just because I make layouts all the time, but usually they're 12x12. What you see above is an 8x8... which feels ridiculously tiny to me! There's our little munchkin, looking all sweet and innocent! I tell you, though... she has been full of attitude lately!
Challenge #5 (from Laura & Jennifer) - Make a card or layout using 2 kinds of glitter, gems, Stickles or some other bling.
Patterned paper (Fancy Pants), cardstock (Echo Park and Bazzill), Tim Holtz
walnut stain distress ink, bling (MM), Stickles, Scrappin’ Supplies adhesive, Quickutz
die, tacky glue, thank you sentiment [inside] (Unity Stamp Co)
Challenge #6 (from Polly & Christina) - Create a project, card, scrapbook page or altered item that contains a window.
Patterned
paper (MME Sophie), MM metal rim rag, Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink,
twine (MME), Scrappin’ Supplies adhesive, glue dots, stamps (Unity Stamp Co),
markers (Spectrum Noir), googly eyes, Quickutz die (for window), tacky glue
Challenge #7 (from Corrie & Mary) - Anyone wishing to complete
today’s challenge must use these requirements four! · A card that does not end
is unique, what’s more? · 3 ribbons delight and all we ask for. · 2 papers that
are different for sure. · Don’t forget to add 1 embellishment to make it
couture.
Patterned
papers (MME Lime Twist), AC Zing! white embossing powder, alphabet bling
stickers (MM), stamps (Unity Stamp Co),
heart sticker, Happy Birthday dies (BossKuts)
This was probably the hardest challenge for me, even though we were provided with a tutorial on Instructagram. You'd think it would be easy-peasy for somebody like me, who is pretty good at origami! Actually, it wasn't so much the folding as the planning of how to decorate which sides, what with all the flipping around... :)heart sticker, Happy Birthday dies (BossKuts)
Challenge #8 - (From Karen and Amber)
Use Karen's sketch to create something AMAZING! Only catch?? Aside from using the sketch, you must use something new, and you must use something from your scrap pile.
Cardstock (Echo Park), glitter tape (MM), Stickles,
brads (Basic Grey), glue dots, Scrappin’ Supplies adhesive, Stickles, stamps
(Unity Stamp Co),
ink (Memories Inc.), markers (Spectrum Noir), googly eyes
ink (Memories Inc.), markers (Spectrum Noir), googly eyes
I'll be linking this last challenge up to Unity Stamp Co's monthly {be inspired} color challenge. This is what their color scheme looked like...
It was a good week - challenge and productive, but it's still very sad that Cropchocolate.com is closing. I have until tomorrow to shop for last-minute/final goodies. I've already decided, however, that I have an overabundance of paper, so in order to use it up, I'm going to focus on rubber stamping and improving my skills there. I don't know about you, but I feel like my cardmaking has really improved since I've begun working with Unity stamps and those Spectrum Noir markers. Today, my tutorial DVD arrived, so I need to study that so I can use my markers to their fullest extent.
And I finally made "the jump". What jump? I couldn't stand it anymore and finally committed to becoming a "Stamp of the Week" member at Unity. I was seriously thinking about joining the Kit of the Month (sooooo close to doing it), but decided I should probably wait a bit longer and use more of my regular Unity stamps. Amazing self-control, right? ;)
Hope everyone has a splendid weekend! Thanks for stopping by!




wow you have been one busy crafty girl :)
ReplyDeletefantastic items!!!
Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.
Cute cute cute cards! Love the one with a frog! Thanks for participating in the Unity challenge!
ReplyDeletefabulous cards! thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!
ReplyDeleteWow, amazing projects! The first one is my favourite, followed by the adorable layout!
ReplyDeleteperfecto!!!
ReplyDelete