Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Putting myself back out there (but not in "that" way) :)

Edited to add on 5/17/13: for those coming from Unity Stamp's "Friends with Flair" Fridays, I did have a chance to play with my Unity Stamps this week (see below), but what I had ready for last week's FWF is here - funny how much we all missed FWF - glad it's back this week! By the way, Unity is having another awesome sale this week, so make sure you check it out!
 
Life certainly seems a little strange, after cropchocolate.com has shuttered its doors. So many of us are so used to checking the computer at the "hot times", when the best deals of the day were offered. It also seems strange not to have any "assignments" so I am actively looking for a new design team to join; thus, I have begun applying to a few. I found a relatively new site called 2BrokeGirlChallenges and was very pleased by what I saw - sketches! Great examples! A timely DT call!
 
And so... I submitted an application. We were to create a layout based on this sketch. If you know me, you know I *LOVE* sketches. This one fairly screamed, "WASHI TAPE!" at me and so I pulled out my trusty Unity Stamp Company washi tape stamps. Yes, I have a ton of washi tape, but I wanted a strong shade of red and I wanted some patterns. Unity stamps was the way to go. :) You can find the two sets I used here and here. 
 
 
And here's my take on the sketch... (wish me luck!!!)


Patterned paper (Trinity Paper Arts), cardstock (Crafter's Companion), ink (Tim Holtz distress ink - Festive Berries), twine (the Twinery [Maraschino Cherry] and Jillibean Soup [yellow]), alphabet stickers (Making Memories), metal charms (My Mind's Eye trinkets), glue dots, stamps (Unity Stamp Company)

Perhaps this was Mika's last year as an All Star player for RBY. She didn't have a pleasant experience last year, so even if she's asked, we'll politely decline. I'd much rather she continue practicing with the travel softball team she is trying out for and enjoy it - and have time to relax and play in the summer. She's only ten, after all!

I'm also looking forward to having more time this summer to play in my craft room. :)

26 comments:

  1. Miwa this is a great sketch and your interpretation is awesome! I pinned for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! Good luck on the DT app!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout! Love the washi stamp border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the sketch and don't those washi tape stamps make this fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great take on the sketch and what a fun way to use the washi stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout. You did an amazing job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout!! It's a beauty, great take on the sketch. Good luck, Miwa!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is awesome! Good luck to you on making the DT. I'd choose you in a heartbeat, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun lo and sketch. Great colors for it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miwa Wow Wow Wow! I too have washi tape but I too love using the stamps. I am inspired by your delightful layout! Good luck with the DT application.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! Good luck with the DT search!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really fun design, Miwa! Good luck with the DT application.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful layout! I love the red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing a fabulous layout! Love the design! What great memories of the "red" shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best of luck on finding your new "home". I sure love this great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant take on the layout sketch... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great combo of colors - perfect use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great layout I miss CC soo much hope you male the team

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great take on the sketch with your layout! I love that washi tape look!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful layout. I really like the way you used the washi stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that sketch... I think I'm going to scraplift! Love the use of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Miwa, what a LOVELY take on the sketch!
    Love the colors & stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  23. good luck with your DT application! I love those washi stamps... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous layout! Love the washi tape stamps you added for the sketch! Wishing you the best of luck with your DT application! They would be crazy to pass you up :)

    ReplyDelete