It's hard to believe, but I was forced to start texting back in March. All of my local friends text and all of my soccer teams communicate solely via texting - it was time to jump on the bandwagon! Within one month, DaddyDude bumped both of us up to unlimited texting - and within two months, he said I was texting twice as much as he was. "Well, excuse me," I said to him. "I do have friends!" I think he is happier knowing that I can text him little messages during the day. The girls, however, are leary - they know all infractions are promptly reported to DaddyDude as well... :)
And finally... after eyeballing the Nook for over a year... (DaddyDude actually bought me one last year but I forced him to return it, unconvinced we could afford it and that I would be using it enough)... DaddyDude said it was time and purchased the NookColor for me, right before we went on our vacation.

If you know me, you know I am an avid (and fast) reader - it's fabulous being able to download ebooks lickety-split. I must have read about 10 books on vacation and after we got home, I finished the last two books of the Hunger Games trilogy within the next couple of days, among reading other free ebooks (B&N has plenty of free reads, though not all are good). I take it everywhere I go (it fits into my little purse backpack) and I am looking forward to reading books while waiting to pick up the girls from school (Finally! No more playing Connect 4 with a little kid in the car!). Perhaps best of all... the Nook allows me to access other computer files, so I can take my lists with me... yes, I do have a Excel files for my books (among other things)... I am definitely a list-maker... and now I can totally take my anal-retentiveness with me. :)
I know DaddyDude is hoping that our book collection will stop spreading around the house (hey, I'm waiting for him to make me bookshelves in the living room!) and be confined to growing online. I don't know... while I do appreciate the instant gratification and space-saving options of an ebook, there is still something wonderful about holding a book in your hands and reading it...
I just love books! *happy sigh* Thanks, DaddyDude! :)
You're one up on me. We still don't text. I'm such a dinosaur.
ReplyDeleteI didn't want to text! It just got really annoying having to call people and being left out in the dark, because nobody could text me re: schedule changes! If you can't beat 'em, you gotta join 'em... :)
ReplyDelete