Monday, October 25, 2010

The race card and disease - BMI for Asians

This weekend, there was an article in USA Today's Weekend that cited Asian Americans are at 2x higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes than Caucasians. My interest was peaked by their Asian-American specific BMI calculator. If you're not happy with your BMI under a "regular" table - you're NOT going to like this one! Here's how you can check to see if you're at risk.

Tidbit #1 - Free download of Holidays 2009 (Scrapbook Trends) here. You will probably have to register your email address (I already had an account with them, so I'm not sure).

Tidbit #2 - Did you know that Rubio's has a Beach Club? It's our new favorite place to eat - even Marika loves it! So I went online and signed us up - I got an email for a free taco and thus, a reason to go back sooner than later. =)

Hope everybody's week is starting off well! Daddy Dude is hosting a work party here on Wednesday, so it's time to frantically clean. =)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. As for Rubios, they were having Taco Tuesdays. If it is still going on, it is a good deal, $1.25/taco. They will send you lots of e-mails; sometimes they are a good deal and make an easy dinner when I'm too tired to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I'll look forward to having more excuses to eat there! I'm a big fan of Chipotle, but Marika refuses to eat there - mention a Rubio's taquito and she is all over there! =)

    ReplyDelete