Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Time to get back into the saddle...

I thought it was high time I started participating in challenges at other websites (I'm still mourning the demise of Linnecards.com). This sketch (posted at yourscrapbookstash.com) caught my eye and since I had a little bit of time this evening (despite Mika being at home sick today with an ear infection and fever) and was able to complete a layout - yay! So here is the original sketch...
And here is my take on it (and yes, everything I used was pretty old... must work on using the stash!)...

Patterned paper: (Little Yellow Bicycle - Sharon Ann), cardstock (Bazzill), twill ribbon and *sunkissed* embellishment (Provo Craft), mirror heart (Heidi Swapp), pen (Sakura Micron), cardstock alphabet stickers (Making Memories), border punch (Fiskars - apron lace) and corner rounder (Marvy Uchida).

Poor Miss Mika... she's been suffering from an ear ache since last Friday afternoon. We've been treating her with eardrops since Sunday (she cries pathetically each time)... she stayed home from school today due to fever of unknown origin... then went to the doctor this morning, where she cried and whimpered some more... and left with a prescription for an antibiotic. Hopefully she will be better tomorrow morning (but it's not looking good right now, poor baby!). Grandma is coming to visit tomorrow and I am hoping that that will lift her spirits immensely...

No comments:

Post a Comment