Saturday, January 23, 2010

The sun is back!

Yay! After several days of heavy rain, the clouds finally cleared and the sun broke out this morning. Don't our mountains (Lake Arrowhead is up there) look gorgeous? We'll be sure to thoroughly enjoy the sunshine and good weather until the next storm system comes again (in a mere few days).

In other news... Daddy Dude has been watching A LOT of Food Network lately (Mika now shouts, "It's Bobby Flay!" at the TV - kind of cute and kind of scary at the same time). Just a few days ago, there was a waffle throwdown. And thus, Daddy Dude was inspired - lucky us!

Ooooooh, so pretty! They were light, fluffy and crispy waffles. We didn't have any fresh strawberries (with all the rain, I didn't feel like going grocery shopping this week!) but we did have some whipped cream and powdered sugar. Wooohoo! They were delicious! I think we'll have to persuade Daddy Dude to make them again soon... =) Aren't I lucky to be married to a man who cooks? =P And not to gloat, but he even barbequed some salmon tonight, too... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment