Saturday, November 7, 2009

What a strange little girl...

Just when you think it's safe to let your kids dress themselves... you turn around and look at them - REALLY look at them - and gasp in horror at what you failed to notice before you both hopped into the car to pick up the big kid from school. Do you see it???

Okay, maybe it's not so obvious in this picture, but Marika left the house wearing two DIFFERENT shoes (one blue, one white)! I don't know if there were too many shoes on the ground to pick from and she got confused, or if she put one on and then forgot what it was before she looked for another shoe! Yowsers! But it brought back funny memories of when I'd notice halfway through the day, that Daddy Dude had put the kids' pants on backwards... so the pockets were all on the back... *hee hee*

Yesterday, Marika and I went to C.'s book fair to score some books at 50% off. We were trying to multi-task, so I let Marika eat a Fresh & Easy chocolate-covered granola bar on the way to his school. I heard her murmuring happily, "Yummers! This is so good!" and when I turned around, I gasped in horror (yet again!) to see her LICKING the wrapper and smiling with delight. The picture above is AFTER she had licked herself clean while I was still driving - so just imagine where all the chocolate outlines are - that was solid chocolate. Luckily, she didn't touch her face and then anything else in the car, so it was a relatively easy cleanup job before Holly showed up to meet us... =)

Speaking of "yummers!" I tried a couple of new recipes today. Fresh & Easy sells tilapia, so we bought some and searched the internet for a new recipe. This one sounded tasty: Broiled Tilapia Parmesan and it sure was (though I didn't have any onion powder or celery salt - I just added some garlic powder and salt instead)! If you have kids, it's a winner because they love the cheese sauce.

I tried another recipe from Better Homes and Garden magazine, called Veggie-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (you can do a recipe search for this at bhg.com, if the link doesn't work (you may need an acct): Veggie-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms). This was a prize-winning recipe so chances were good that it would be flavorful - and it was! Normally I am too chincy to buy portobellos, but they were half-off at Fresh & Easy, so I gave them a try. I did have to change some parts of the recipe (based on the available vegies in the fridge), but this is recipe we'll be using again.

No comments:

Post a Comment