Today, Marika and I went to volunteer at Mika's library and on the way back through the front office, found
a new friend to bring home. He was missing one leg (obviously not a good sign) and when we got home to google information on how to keep him alive, learned that he was probably on his way out anyway, due to the time of year. Even as I type, he is on his back, suffering through the throes of death, the poor thing! That was really too bad... I've been thinking that I should help Marika create some sort of terrarium to house critters and teach her a little bit about plant biology... a project for the future!
Oh, but did I mention that I cannot keep plants alive unless they're being watered by automatic sprinklers...?
Marika came to me this evening and said that next year, she wants to be a butterfly. Not just ANY old butterfly, but that Mika had kindly MADE her a butterfly costume. And here it is... they are upstairs coloring it right now... gee... I wonder how long it will stay intact (it is being held together by tape and staples!).
As a scrapbooker, it warms my heart to see my girls being creative with paper, scissors and glue/tape. They could play in "the fun room" (that's what we call where the scrapbooking/crafts supplies and work area is) for hours! Of course, it's always a mess afterwards, but... I look forward to their scrapbook creations - they'll get their first ones to work on this Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment