Saturday, July 11, 2009

Now this is more like it!

Fridays are definitely the most leisurely day of the week for us. So, yesterday, we went to the park with our friends. For the most part, they play together really nicely (I suppose any playgroup is guaranteed its share of squabbles). It still makes my heart melt to see them playing "Ring Around the Posey". And it's nice that they accept that I'm an annoying photographer and they have to provide a few obligatory poses from time to time... :)

I'd been waiting a really long time for that tree shot, though!

And since Daddy Dude was working this weekend, I took the girls to the local park today. I thought we'd be there for no more than 1.5-2 hours, but the girls refused to leave because they were having so much fun - never mind that it was hot and they were sweating like crazy. I think we were there for about 3 hours! It WAS nice and leisurely... and for those three hours, I was cutting out Curious George paper doll outfits. Yup, that's right - paper doll stuff. Remember those from when we were little? I was so excited to get a book of them at Barnes & Noble. Imagine my surprise when I saw that I had to CUT each piece out. Didn't they use to come with perforations and you just punched them out? *sigh* So now I feel quite old - my back is killing me and I somehow tweaked my knee while sitting on a blanket. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment