Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's been awhile, but we've been busy over the past week...

Despite the heat, baseball goes on! Daddy Dude's team got some new uniforms, just in time for the 100+ degrees... we fans took shelter under some shade. And look! There's Grandma! Isn't she a good mother-in-law, coming to Daddy Dude's games? This was the second game she's gone to...

And speaking of Grandma, the girls were so excited she was back in town. Grandma had spent the last several weeks up north, helping my brother out with his family (those adorable girls!). The girls kept Grandma busy and they even got a session of yoga in!

On Saturday, Daddy Dude got a personal lesson on how to change brakes on our car, from our friend B., who is "Mechanic Extraordinaire". I know Daddy Dude had a great time being a "manly man" and playing with very cool power tools and gadgets. Thanks, B.! While the guys were working, I hung out with H. - and she introduced the girls to the wonders of sand art. The girls were so excited by their creations, that they kept carrying them around the house and continually showing Daisy (the guinea pig) their work.

My sister-in-law once told me never to dress my children in matching clothes. I listened to her (since she had suffered as a child from that) and would you believe it, she has been the only person giving us matching clothes for the girls! She confessed that she just couldn't help it, which made me laugh. Oddly enough, the girls LOVE to match and often do so, of their own volition. Over the past week, here are some examples of their desire to match... they better not blame me when they get older! I swear, I didn't make them do it!

Mika misses her friends from school so yesterday, we met up with her good buddy, M. He is such a delightful little boy - with such a good heart! He once bought Marika a present with his own tooth fairy money, because he really wanted her to have it - is that unbelievably sweet, or what? Despite being at the park, with its wonderful climbing things, the kids seemed to spend most of their time making a bird nest. Gee... I wonder who would roost there...

No comments:

Post a Comment