
Can you guess what we had for breakfast on Saturday morning...?

Once a month, the local library has a Saturday crafts hour. The girls have a great time - each time, they are given 3-5 projects to do and the woman runs it is very kind. A few of the girls's friends also showed up, but before they did, the girls had plenty of fun playing outside the library. The library itself is over 100 years old (I believe) and behind it is the Lincoln Shrine, which looks beautiful from the outside (but we have yet to go inside). The top left picture shows the girls with a new bas-relief sculpture of the donors...

Mika had another softball game... only 4 left to go! She helped make two outs in the game (yah!) but unfortunately, was tagged out twice on the bases. Once, the ball was hit to third (where she was headed) and the other time... well... Miss Mika apparently didn't realize you had to keep your foot on the bag or you'd be out. Somehow, I think she'll never repeat that mistake again! It was so sad... she ran off the field and buried her face into me, just sobbing pathetically. *sniff, sniff*

Afterwards, *somebody* was soooo tired... yes, those are stairs she is sleeping on. For better or for worse, both sides of our family have the unique ability to fall asleep anywhere. This will (hopefully) come in handy when she has to take power naps in the library... right? ;) And no, she didn't pee in her pants, but she did spill a lot of water on herself...

And last but not least, S. and I haven't been spending our Sunday mornings together lately. His baseball season started up again (much to his delight) and I've been playing on a 30+ over women's soccer league. Marika comes with me, Mika goes with Daddy. Today, I asked Marika to please take some pictures. That's me on the right, in the red shirt (#10). I'm hoping it's the baggy jersey that makes me look so fat! We lost (3-1), but the other team had 11 players and we had only 9. I also managed to pull a bunch of muscles, so if you see me hobbling around over the next couple of days, please don't push me over! Ah, the pains of getting older!!!
*** And can you believe it... 18 years ago, S. and I had our very first date! We went to the Festival of Animation (Twisted Toons) on campus for the midnight showing. Really, not the best choice for a first date, but we'd been friends for several months beforehand, so... one thing led to another and here we are today! Happy Pseudo-Anniversary, honey! ***
No comments:
Post a Comment