Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Egg Day is Almost Here!

We had another busy week... Mika had softball game #8 on Thursday...

I'll have you know, that on the top right picture, I specifically requested that she "smile". You can see the reaction I got! Marika had fun on the playground with her friends...

On Friday, Marika and I went to Mika's school to help set up the classroom egg hunt. Half of it was in the library, so after we were done hiding eggs, we went next door into the computer lab to see Mika working. Doesn't she look studious? It really amazes me, how kindergarten has changed since I was 5! Of course... way back then... we didn't even have computers (but that's another story)...

Here's Miss Mika in the library, right by a bunch of eggs. The other half of the egg hunt took place in their classroom (it was raining that day - otherwise half would have been outside). You can see her big egg collecting basket (paper mache egg), that they spent most of a week making. Marika helped her assess her egg loot!

Last night, we went to a friend's house for potluck and for the kidsto dye eggs. We'd never done it before, so I watched the entire procedure (start to finish0 with great interest. They've really changed the dyeing formula (in a good way) - the girls ended up using their fingers to handle the eggs and even got some on their clothes, BUT their hands were clean after their night-time shower AND I even got the dye out of the clothes! Amazing! But best of all... after we peeled the Easter eggs to make deviled eggs... most of the eggs were still completely white. I remember (when I was little), that all of the eggs would be a ghastly color. Ewwww...

The girls actually slept in until almost 9 am this morning, they were so tired from their long day on Friday (they played really hard last night!), which made it difficult to feed them and get ready for Mika's softball game. As things turned out, the game was cancelled - not because of weather (though it WAS drizzling), but because some pipe was broken in the middle of the field!

A-Ma and A-Gong were already halfway over (to see Mika's game), so they came to visit with the girls anyhow. It was nice of them to come and visit and as you can see, A-Gong was quite the good sport and dressed up in *bling* with Marika for this photo! What a good A-Gong! He got major points for "coolness".

No comments:

Post a Comment