Wednesday, April 22, 2009

(Almost) Flying!

I think Marika's finally gotten the hang of propelling herself on the swing. I hope! I have this depressing image of her sitting on the swing at preschool, forlorn and weepy, because she can't make herself go. I keep telling her that it's a wonderful feeling to be empowered and be able to do everything you want to do, but... perhaps the ultimate reward of swinging up to the moon is still a few weeks ago. She swung for a little while and then appeared worn out from the effort. Well, at least she moved onto something else and didn't whine for me to push her - that is progress, too!

We had some old bread in the freezer, so we went to share our goodies with the ducks. Good thing we brought a mere 3 pieces of bread, because there were only a handful of hungry ducks about. Lately, they've been hanging out on the grass, which is nice - I don' t have to worry about fishing out any little girls who fall into the dirty pond water!

And of course, my trusty bug hunter found a roly poly at the playground... it was a good start to her day. We had stopped by this particular park on the way to her (hopefully) future preschool, to check up on her status on the fall wait list. I called around 12:05 am on January 1st to give her the best shot of getting near the top of the list (it worked for Mika - she was #1 or #2 on the list). Marika appeared to be a bit further down - they say they might start calling new students as soon as the end of next week, so please keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Remind me to tell you the story about me and the duck pond some day...

    ReplyDelete