Friday, August 21, 2015

FWF #34

Happy Friday! Things are finally settling down nicely here, since we are getting used to the school schedule. Don't forget to shop at Unity - all of the awesome sentiment kits are only $12! They are great for making cards, especially when you need one quickly!


Using this sketch from CAS(E) this sketch and my favorite Butterflies and Sunbeams {August 2015 Sentiment kit}, I was able to whip out a thank you card for a friend, who had kindly crocheted me two beautiful new dishcloths. Her daughter loves insects as much as I do, so I thought she would enjoy the dimensional butterflies...:) There are several fabulous sentiments for the inside - I chose "Kindness scatters beauty wherever it is shared" for the inside.

On to my new recipe for the week! It had been awhile since I'd made drumsticks for Marika, so I tried a different Baked Parmesan Chicken recipe. It was very quick easy to make (shake and bake) - I always remove the fat and skin, too, so all the flavoring can be enjoyed with minimal guilt. Marika, however, was disappointed because it wasn't "batter-y" enough for her (she likes it when I dip things in egg, before breading them). Mika, however, was absolutely delighted because she dislikes batter (weird, right? When we eat KFC, she removes all the batter!). I guess you can't make everyone happy! DaddyDude and I thought it was still pretty tasty...I dipped some of mine in sweet Thai chili sauce. Good heavens that stuff is expensive from Amazon! In California, it's easy enough to find in the Asian markets for only a few bucks.

Hope you all enjoy a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Take a cue from Bo, who is so happy the kids are back in school and he gets to go on more/longer walks...which means longer naps for him!

 

13 comments:

  1. Lovely little card! Dog day afternoons take on a whole new meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the little butterflies!
    Take care!
    Michele
    Crimson Owl Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautifully, elegant card. I love the butterflies!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miwa, your card is really sweet, love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card and cute pic of Bo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card, and what a sweet lil fur baby! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. The in flight butterflies are very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely CAS design, Miwa. Your pup looks very relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the sketch. Love the doggie!

    ReplyDelete