The day has finally come - there's a tween in the house!!!Yup, she's an April Fool's baby. It WAS her due date, but she had to be induced (also because my OB/GYN was going out of town that weekend and didn't want to have another doctor deliver her). I remember asking the doctor, "Did you HAVE to pick April 1st?" Luckily, nobody has been unkind enough to play a mean joke on her - yet. *knock on wood* I hope that that trend is fading...
I usually make A2 cards, but since I had a specific kit and this awesome sketch (from MojoMonday) in mind, I ended up having to use 8.5 x 11 cardstock (folded in half, of course) to make this sketch work. Luckily, I didn't have to worry about making a bigger envelope - my kid is pretty low maintenance. :)
I used Party Hat Wishes from Unity Stamp Co - Mika wears glasses, so I thought she'd get a kick out of the image. I ended up using three other images from this kit: the party hats, the frame border, and "Happy Birthday to You" for the inside sentiment. Patterned paper is from MME (cropchocolate oldie!).
And my recipe for this week...? We're back to cauliflower... (still no range hood!), so I used this Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower...
It was pretty good, but I think my children liked the one with sriracha sauce better... next week - lemon sherbet! :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter!

Very nice card! I love that vision chart inside of that cute bubbly frame. Happy birthday to your daughter! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating!
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous,love the design.xxx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, love the layers!
ReplyDeleteThat cauliflower looks yum!
Shanna :)
What a happy card - love it! Love the happy birthday chart on the scallop frame - nice design!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card...I have that set unused, I 'm now inspired to use it. Carol x
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
ReplyDeletewhat lovely card this is!
ReplyDeleteAwesome card for the sketch. Healthy looking snack too.
ReplyDeleteHey I remember that paper from CC. Super cute card.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun card, love the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteLovely birthday card! Happy Birthday to your tween daughter!
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet. I love the patterns you used and great take on the sketch
ReplyDeleteI saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
You worked that sketch well!
ReplyDeleteI spotted your card at Unity FWF and came over for a closer look.
ReplyDeleteI bet she loVed your card. I do. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}
Happy BD to Mika. Such a fun card. My MIL's BD is Apr 1, too. :)
ReplyDeleteSaw you on FWF!!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Love what you did with the design. Saw you on FWF.
ReplyDeleteKim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase
Fun card, Miwa. The recipe looks intriguing ... may to have try it this summer if our garden produces.
ReplyDeleteGreat card. I like the sketch you used.
ReplyDelete