Happy Friday, everybody! For those who hopped along with Julie's Blogoversary blog hop last week, you might want to check out her post here to see if you are a winner!
DaddyDude's been out of town this week, so I have been taking advantage of going to be a few hours earlier than normal. Oh, how nice to get that extra sleep!!! But, less time for crafting...
For this week, I was inspired by the card sketch at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge...
It was Marika's birthday (she's 10 - finally!) and since she's an aspiring entomologist and ladybugs are her favorite, well... it was time to break out A Little Buggy... (sentiment from How YOU Doin'). She was delighted to get a specialized card - don't you love it when they look happy to see a handmade card?
Last week, I had mentioned having an abundance of Meyer lemons and someone suggested that I make lemon bars (thank you!). So, I did! I found this recipe for Whole Meyer Lemon Bars and checked out what I had in my fridge. I didn't have enough butter (so I had to substitute margarine for most of it) and I was one egg short, but I threw everything together and it still tasted good! The biggest drawback was trying to cut the bars cleanly and transferring them nicely - well, that didn't happen, but I will presume it more of an "operator" error than the recipe. I am SO not a baker - I love to cook, but baking....not so much. Cooking seems to allow more room for flexibility (and mistakes), as well as experimentation, whereas baking...does not. Plus, I'm usually the one who has to finish baked goods around the house and I'd rather not - but I hate to waste food. *sigh*
Next week, I think I'll try another cauliflower or lemon recipe. No, no range hood yet... golly, I am so craving the aroma of garlic cooking in some olive oil... Mmmmmm...
See you next week! Thank you for visiting! :)

What a sweet CAS card! ♥
ReplyDeleteLove your cute little buggy card. As for the lemon bars, I have had the same trouble with clean cuts. I have resorted to cutting and placing my gooey squares in cupcake papers to make it easier to handle them.
ReplyDeletethat card is too cute.
ReplyDeleteVery cute CAS card.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute CAS card.
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet. Your bug is adorable.
ReplyDeleteI saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
Such a cute lil ladybug!!! Your lemon bars are amazing too. Yummy!
ReplyDeleteCute cute cute card and yummy dessert! Wonderful! Happy Weekend!~kim
ReplyDeleteAwww your card is adorable. What a great personalized birthday card. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI saw your project at Unity's FWF hop.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}
Cute lil buggy card for a lucky lil lady!
ReplyDeleteThis is an adorable little card and it's awesome that she is interested in entomology too!
ReplyDeleteOh how CUTE this card is. I have overlooked that buggy set. :)
ReplyDeleteI was just looking at this stamp in my supplies the other day thinking "What can I do with this?" You answered my question. Adorable card.
ReplyDeleteThis is so simple and yet oh so adorable! Love your sweet card.
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect stamp! Happy Birthday! From FwF.
ReplyDeleteKim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase
Sweet card!
ReplyDeleteCute and sweet ladybug card.
ReplyDeleteFantastic CAS card. Very striking. Hugz
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet card. I can see why your little entomologist liked it so well. Keep fostering that love of nature. I majored in biology and, even though, I quit "outside the home" work back when my kids were born, I feel like my background in science has enriched my life in so many, many ways!!! That interest started way back in first grade.
ReplyDeleteYummy lemon bars. Thanks for sharing your cooking creations as well as your artistic ones with us each week!!!
Hi from one of your Friends with Flair!
<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com