Friday, March 6, 2015

Love Me Some Greens - FWF #10

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you're all well - life is finally settling back down to normal (the tile company is sending replacement tile [3 weeks out] and our puck lights are still stuck in the massive backlog at the Los Angeles port, even though the strike ended a few weeks ago).

Bo and I have been enjoying our long walks again, as the weather has been wonderful.We had a spell of rain, which meant snow for Big Bear/Lake Arrowhead (it was actually cold enough for a change). I love this view and hope no McMansions are built in this field any time soon!


 I was really excited to receive my March KOM a couple of days ago. Love it!


I used some old MME paper (cropcholate.com peeps may recognize it)...I will never run out of paper!

And a big thank you to everyone sharing their Brussel sprouts recipes with me! Unfortunately, we still don't have a range hood (this "no frying" thing is driving us nuts!), so I used this roasted recipe. This was our very first time E-V-E-R eating these greens, so we didn't know what to expect. The flavoring was very good but we were a little surprised by the slight natural bitterness of it - I will say, though, that it provided an interesting jolt to the palate. We're definitely going to try more recipes (we had no leftovers!) and thanks to you fine folks, I have several to try out! :)

Next week, though, I'm going to try cooking some cauliflower...woohoo!

Thanks for visiting and hope y'all have a fabulous week!



11 comments:

  1. Yummie cupcake! Great card!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great view. Nice dog. Fab card. Not sure about the recipe. I really like my brussel sprouts looking like brussel sprouts. If they were a bit bitter it could be they hadn't had a frost on them. It makes them sweeter so I never pick mine til we have had a frost. They are one of my favourite veggies. Looking forward to your adventures with cauliflower. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received my kit also... Boy, was I surprised... it was way early! Love this cuppie card, and your sprouts look super yummy! Cute pooch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, yummy. and as for the sprouts, there's science involved in the bitterness, you can do them so doesn't have that bitter taste. apparently. Lol. cauliflower cheese can't beat it, sprinkle paprika. anyway saying hi from FWF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brussels sprouts are at their peak in the autumn after a frost which mellows the bitterness and causes their own enzymes to turn some of their starches into sugars......giving them a rich, slightly sweet, nutty and buttery taste. Oh, YUM!!! Like I said, Brussels sprouts are my favorite veg. I wouldn't buy them fresh until autumn, but you can use frozen ones year round because they are harvested at their optimal time. Cauliflower and broccoli are my next favorite vegetables!!! :)

    Love your sweet and yummy card. The cupcake makes my mouth water.....or maybe it is the talk abt Brussels sprouts! Ha.
    Saw you on Unity FWF.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet cupcake card. Brussels sprouts are something I have yet to try but intend to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card!! It is absolutely delicious, especially the neopolitanesque colors you selected! Makes me crave something sweet and sugary. :)

    As for your cauliflower journey, I hope you enjoy!! I often use it in my stir fry, and I love to fry it in tempura batter or like I do my fried chicken...of course that would be difficult with no range hood; but if you like fried foods, you may want it give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet card! Love the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cupcake and your card is very cute! looking forward to getting my kit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your cupcake and your dog Bo! Fab card! We'd love to have you join us at Anya, Oddies, and Others! It's an inspiration blog all about stamping and any stamp brand is welcome. We even have a page dedicated to Unity stamps! Come check us out!
    http://anyaoddiesandothers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete