Friday, April 17, 2015

Finally using the hood - FWF #16

My friend had a bit of a rough weekend, which is making it feel like a bumpy week, poor thing. So, I wanted to make her a card to let her know I was thinking of her and would be there to help in any way...I used Sweet Sunday Sketch #237...

Although I will admit, I wanted to use Change is a Good Thing stamp set, but I couldn't find it! The upstairs is still a mess from the remodel, but we'll begin moving things back downstairs within the next week... :)

So, I opted to use Tree Love instead...it's a very cute stamp...and I had fun paper-piecing the image together...

For my new recipe this week, I was able to use the new range hood (yippee!) to make Italian Sausage Tortellini, which was posted on Kevin & Amanda's blog. In case you're not familiar with this blog, you might want to check it out - not only does she have delicious recipes, but for crafty peeps like us, she often posts FREE (adorable) fonts and she is a FANTASTIC photographer. But back to the recipe - it was quite yummy! The kids got seconds! I did, however, skip the spinach (to make the kids happy) and I used a whole package of 19 oz tortellini - there was still plenty of liquid in the pan. 

Hope you all have a crafty weekend! Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

  1. Very cute, love the popped up heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the papers and the layout ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp! Saw you on FWF :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tort and sausage looks quit yummy, as does your paper pieced tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! I love the paper strips in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tree is so cute and your friend is going to really appreciate your encouragement. Yummy....LOVE tortellini!!!
    TFS on FWF!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your wonderful FWF card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card, I am sure it will bring some cheer!

    ReplyDelete