Friday, January 9, 2015

More Asian cooking - FWF #2

Hi, folks! Happy Friday! Time for another Friends with Flair with Unity Stamp Co! They're having a fabulous Crazy Daze sale, don't forget to check it out here...

This week, I made a birthday card for my mother (Marika and I will go see her tomorrow). I didn't have much time to craft, but I did get a few hours to organize my "Fun Room" this week - as we're demo'ing the kitchen, I had to make space to absorb a kitchen cart in the craft room. Yup, the craft room absorbs any furniture that can organize things. Even a DVD storage shelf moved in - what a great way to show off wares from Prima Marketing!

 I chose this sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge... and grabbed a 6x6 paper pad from Carta Bella's Devoted collection (a bargain find at Tuesday Morning - love that store!!!)

Since my mother loves flowers, I chose Tulip Wishes, which is from the Stamp of the Week collection. It wasn't the best day to use Copics, because my hand ached from smashing tile all day - it was embarrasingly difficult to stay in the lines! I'm pretty sure I won't be able to move a single muscle tomorrow! :(

And I realized today, that I'm going to run into problems maintaining my New Year's resolution of trying out a new recipe every week and blogging about it because I'll eventually be unable to use the kitchen for awhile so... I've decided to post a few extra recipes to "cover" my involuntary lapses... here are three for this week. I won't be trying out strictly Asian recipes, it really does depend on my mood - and what ingredients I have on hand. All recipes this week are from Rasa Malayasia.


First, I made Garlic Sesame Noodles - but I used Chinese noodles instead of spaghetti noodles (I just couldn't do it, but I do think it would have tasted better with thinner noodles). I also used only about 1/3 of the sugar (1/2 tablespoons instead of 1.5 tablespoons). It was VERY QUICK and perhaps best of all, the family loved it. No leftovers!

I served the noodles up with Ginger Garlic Baked Chicken - no vampires were going to get us that night! You're supposed to bake the chicken with the skin on, but I prefer to remove it prior to baking - then you don't have to waste any time peeling off the skin later (*gasp* I know, some of you relish eating the skin - I'm sure the flavoring would have been stronger). This dish was another winner! If I hadn't removed all the chicken skin, preparation would have been lickety-split. I might try it in the slow cooker next time (with the skin on).

A couple of nights later, I made some Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps - these were also delicious! The cashew nuts and the sweet chili sauce were nice touches - spicy sweetness with some crunch.

This is the last week that the kids are on winter break, so I'll probably have less time to cook. It's amazing how pinterest has made it easier and less painful to make dinner, right?

Happy crafting and thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and you sure made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my.....which is more yummy....the card or the recipes???? I LOVE Asian cuisine. Those dishes look incredible!!! Oh, YUM!!!! Love the pretty card. The prints you used to go with the image are so sweet. Your coloring looks fabulous to me.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is full of delicious things Miwa. ..from that gorgeous card for your mum to deeelish food!! Hope your not too sore today... big hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, and is it okay to crave this food at breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card for your Mother, I know she will like it! All that great food - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card!! Great colors! And I must 'yum!' on the food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet birthday card and yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card and those garlic noodles sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete