Friday, January 16, 2015

FWF #3 - Is Fresh Better?

Hi, folks! Happy Friday! Time for another Friends with Flair with Unity Stamp Co! Angela's celebrating her birthday with a 50% off sale (there are exceptions), so be sure to check it out here!

This week, I made a couple of birthday cards for Marika to choose from - one of her soccer teammates has a birthday party on Saturday. You can probably guess which one she chose...

That's How We Roll (Unity Stamp Co) and Soccer Ball (Stampers' Best)
 

Inside sentiment and heart: How YOU Doin' (Unity Stamp Co)

 Big Polka Dot Cupcake (Unity Stamp Co) and How YOU Doin' (Unity Stamp Co)
 


Inside sentiment and hearts: How YOU Doin' (Unity Stamp Co)
And yes, she chose the soccer ball card... of course! :)


I wanted to try a non-Asian recipe this week and was inspired by a visit to the local produce store. I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but my kids love canned green beans - so I'm trying to figure out how to get them to like fresh ones better. I found a recipe for Roasted Parmesan Green Beans - I liked that it was quick and easy but I wasn't thrilled with how smoky my oven became (being vertically challenged, I cannot stand it when the smoke detector goes off and my hubby's not home to turn it off). However, I did like the end result (quite tasty!!!) although next time I would probably opt not to add the parmesan (then it could be served up with a larger variety of entrees). I think I would also cut the green beans into smaller pieces, because I'm not one of those people who can flip things on a cookie sheet to neatly turn them over. :)

Thanks for visiting and happy crafting!
 

 

11 comments:

  1. Awesome sports card and yummy beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Miwa! So cute. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what FUN cards - I love them both! I love the cute little scene you created with the soccer ball and that cupcake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I would have chosen the soccer ball one, too! :) Yummy....those beans look deee-lish!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards I love the soccer one too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are so much fun! I love how you paired that sentiment with a soccer ball...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute cards, I also love the soccer ball card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that soccer ball card too although cupcakes are always sweet! Your green beans sound yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since my hand surgery, flipping things over turns into a kitchen disaster! The cards are great, and it was thoughtful of you to offer a choice.

    ReplyDelete