Hi, folks - time for another episode of "Friends with Flair" with other fans of Unity Stamp Co! I don't know about you, but this week a particular song has been running through my head, "It's the most wonderful time... of the year!" Yes, the kids are back in school!
The younger kid began fourth grade while the bigger kid began middle school - or sixth grade, here in SoCal. I think I was more nervous about her going to junior high than she was!!! Of course I love my kids, it's just SO MUCH EASIER to run errands without them!
Today, I have a couple of cards to show you...both based off sketches...
The first is from Viva La Verve...
And here's what I came up with, using a fabulous FREE kit (You Do This) that came with my August 2014 SMAK kit. It's a great kit, so I hope they'll offer it in the store later for everyone else. For this card, I chose the sentiment to be, "You Amaze Me".
The second card is based on a sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #149. I liked how simple it was, and yet so versatile.
So, I chose to make a masculine card for my honeybunny. Does anyone else think of the movie, "Jerry Maguire" when they hear this sentiment?
I hope everyone enjoyed a lovely summer! Ours was filled with lots of softball, but we were able to take a week off and go to Scottsdale, Arizona. Yeah, I know what you're thinking - how insane are we to head off to ARIZONA in AUGUST, right? Well, it really wasn't much hotter there than it was here in southerm California, so... *shrug*... not a big deal (hence the title for this post). We had a great time! Here we are at the Grand Canyon... I liked this vista the best because you can actually see the Colorado River in the background...
But, most of the time was spent at the pool, just relaxing. Sometimes it's nice to turn the brain off and just read and play. :)
One of my favorite things about Scottsdale, though, is that I can listen to the symphony of cicadas, something I really miss from my childhood. I was fortunate enough to spot one and take some pictures! I was so happy some of them turned out really well! I know, I know... most of you people think these insects are downright ugly, but I think they are really cool!
Hope you all can enjoy a relaxing weekend and if possible - can get crafty! Thanks for visiting!


Hi Miwa! I always enjoy reading your post. Your girls have grown & some lovely pics you've shared. Your cards are really sweet. Love those big sentiments!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
ReplyDeleteYour cards are lovely! Great job.
ReplyDeleteLovely card and family.
ReplyDeleteso nice!!! great stamp kit :)
ReplyDeleteGreat take on the sketches! I love that Viva one!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures Miwa and adore your cards, love the sentiment!!! xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the sketches. This looks like a great stamp set
ReplyDeleteI like the extra layers you added to the second card. And love the pool pic. That one is definitely scrap worthy!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards featuring these sentiments.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards, I just love that stamp set with interchangeable words!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards. They are so colorful and the sentiments are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches. And thanks for sharing family pics. I visited the Grand Canyon myself many years ago and I never tire of seeing pictures of it!
ReplyDeleteTwo wonderful cards!
ReplyDeleteMiwa, I always enjoy reading about your family just as much as seeing your pretty cards!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards! Thanks for sharing your lovely pictures!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteFun cards and great family photos too! TFS
Great cards and great pics! I love your take on this weeks sketch and your sentiment is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!
ReplyDelete