Friday, January 31, 2014

The Puppy Gets a Name and FWF #5


Hello, FWF peeps! Many thanks for the name suggestions last week and words of encouragement - we're pleased to report that the puppy was not claimed (whew!) and he is officially ours! We did settle on the name "Bo" although after Scrapper Al mentioned "Slugger", I remembered that the 1994 World Cup soccer mascot was a dog named "Striker". So, the girls and I are calling him, "Bo Stryker", which I think makes him sound like a super hero dog. :)

I will admit, however, that he is not responding to his name. "Puppy" seems to be the most effective still! We just weighed him tonight - he's gained 6-7 pounds in the past week! Is that normal??? Maybe he WAS pretty malnourished when we got him, I don't know!

He sat and watched the girls practicing softball for the first time - and I just had to laugh and laugh, because he kept chasing the ball - which we caught - expecting to see it on the ground. On the bright side, he seems to be relatively intelligent, because he figured it out within 3 minutes and just sat down and watched. 

It's a big sports weekend - Marika and I are driving down to San Diego tomorrow for her soccer tournament while Mika has a soccer game and then dashes off to play in her first set of "friendlies" for her new travel ball club, the Firecrackers. I'm really bummed that I'll miss her debut, but I think we'll be able to make her second and third game. I can't wait!!! I'm excited to see if she gets to pitch or not and where they decide to play her on the field. I also can't wait to see how the girls do - they've only been practicing together for about 2-3 weeks, so they won't be very good for the first few months, but... I can't wait!!!

Since I'm missing her big debut, I made a card for Mika to read while she's being driven to her first softball game. The card was based on Mojo Monday's Sketch #330. I love the inspiration stamps by Donna downey - here, I used her "Do More Awesome" stamp for the outside sentiment and "I'm Your #1 Fan" for the inside. I want her to know how much I believe in her and how awesome I think she is at softball. :)



Patterned papers and flowers (Prima), buttons (Doodlebug [I think] and Making Memories), ink (Memories, Inc.), stamps (Unity Stamp Co)

Hope you all have a fun weekend! Are you watching the Super Bowl? Can't wait to see those commercials! :)

11 comments:

  1. Bo looks awesomely "stryiking"! :)

    Love your colorful card too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card for Mika!! Such a beautiful thought to know her mum is her #1 fan. I LOVE the card and the message. You are such a cool mum!! Sounds like the pup is adapting well to his new family. I think Bo is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I love that sentiment! Cute name for Bo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name for the puppy... very nice card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great name for your puppy. And awesome sentiment on your card. Love it! Lots of nice layering. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card :) congratulations on the new addition to your family! so cute!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. he looks like a super hero dog! soooo cute!!! enjoy your new furry family member. your card is pretty darn SUPER too…so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for your daughter! You'll be making lots of great memories both with the ball games and Bo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a thoughtful mom to make a card for the drive. And I think Puppy looks bigger than his last photos.

    ReplyDelete